Becoming an electrician

Options
Good evening!

I have seen threads on this before but they seem to be outdated in regards to quals and not really my situation. I am currently in a well paid job and cannot leave it to persue a different career, I also work shifts so I am not flexible at all to attend college (plus no where near me does part time courses). I work on electrical equipment on a daily basis, but due to the equipment being below a certain voltage and current we do not have to be fully qualified.

I am looking at becoming a fully qualified electrician. I have seen the course City and guilds 2365 electrical installations level 3 which I can do at home in my own time and put as much or as little work in as I like. Now on top of this, a 17th edition course and a city and guilds initial and periodic testing qualification, what would I need to do to become fully qualified, or is that it? I have a level 3 diploma in electronics and a level 2 diploma in engineering.

I can't do an NVQ as my company can't help me complete this and you need to have on the job evidence for this.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Ryan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills