Process for paying Moorgate

Hi,

Hoping that someone has had some experience of this. I am in a position to settle an account with Moorgate but I have had some very negative dealings with this company and there have been a few threats since coming out of stepchange.

What would be the best way to go about this? I have requested a settlement in writing, and I am planning on sending payment by cheque by return by registered post. I rang them to confirm this and to put the account on hold for 2 weeks while the paperwork is sent.

Is there anything else I can do to cover myself here? Obviously I will keep copies of all correspondence and make sure the cheque is paid - all ideas appreciated.

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I would pay them by bank transfer on receipt of the settlement figure, save hassle of post
  • Thanks but I have experience of this company losing documents. I don't want them to say I haven't paid!
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Thanks but I have experience of this company losing documents. I don't want them to say I haven't paid!

The cant lose anything though if you are sending bank transfer and you then have proof of where it went, They could lose a cheque and cause more hassle you getting it cancelled etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure