can three people be on the same mortgage

Options
I own a flat in need of updating , I am on disability benefit, so have a very low income, Can I remortgage by adding my son and his partner to the mortgage in order to fund the improvements, can three people be on the same mortgage :j

Comments

• RDA
    RDA Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Certainly, my wife and her two sisters have a joint mortgage on a BTL property.
  • youngie
    youngie Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes you can have upto four people on a mortgage,don't forget land registry deeds would also need updating
  • Jammasterjizz
    Options
    Most lenders will accept three people on the mortgage, but only two incomes. There are very few high street lenders who would accept three income.

GMAC (General Motors lending arm) will accept three incomes, but you will have to go through a broker to access these deals.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

Sorry about the previous signature, mods.
  • homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Options
    you cannot advertise your site on here - please remove your signature and replace with the same as mine...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=325378

thanks
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ashley0611
    Options
    I am also interested in this and somewhat confused! I went to bank today to see about steps to get a mortgage. We are exercising our right to buy our council property. My dad is the tenant, myself and my partner and my brother are on the tenancy and we all live in property. Council are agreeing to sell to all 4 of us. We had planned to raise the funds by myself and my partner getting a mortgage. My dad is disabled and we are all his carers, therefore his income is low. My brother is at college and only works 8 hours a week.

When I went into Abbey to enquire they said the morgage must match the title deeds therefore all 4 of us would have to be on the mortgage. Is this going to make things more difficult for us?

Thanks in advance
    Tin can banky - 3/4 full £1 and £2, Quidco January £19.49, Boots points 2543, Tesco Club Card 2763, Piggy Points 840
  • ashley0611
    Options
    Can anyone help?
    Tin can banky - 3/4 full £1 and £2, Quidco January £19.49, Boots points 2543, Tesco Club Card 2763, Piggy Points 840
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure