PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

O/S Daily Sunday 14th June 2015

Options
O/S Daily Sunday 14th June 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2015 at 7:30AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Now light here, but very dull and overcast, air is very damp and warm - we've had rain on and off since yesterday and today doesn't look much different.

DH and I are enjoying first peaceful cuppas of the day. Boys still in their pits.

Dinner last night was the mixed grill - all eaten and enjoyed - boys didn't eat the liver I put on their plates though! I managed not to kill the steak which was delicious. Today we're having roast pork.

Yard sale yesterday went much better than expected with the weather not being brilliant - maybe that helped as the coast is only a 30-40 minute drive from us and on good warm days everyone just goes to the beach. Sold a lot of big stuff - so we're pleased, we haven't made pots of money but as much as I would if I'd done a car boot and I didn't have the hassle of packing it all in a car, getting up at ridiculous o'clock etc. So turned out to be a much better day than we expected. We finished the yard sale at about 11.30am as the heavens opened and just didn't stop for quite a while and the sale was due to finish at 12 noon.

Today we're going to go to see my parents and take back the clothes rail and tarpaulin's that we borrowed for yesterday. We'll probably stop off to see DH's parents too whilst we're that way.

Have peaceful Sundays' everyone x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,166 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

After a dull and rainy Saturdsy this morning is bright and sunny already.

Yesterday morning I did my mums shopping and banking, I have POA which really helps a lot. She had visitors in the afternoon who brought cake and then I briefly visited my very ill friend. I got home about 6.30 and was in bed reading by 8.30.

There's a craft fair at an hotel about five miles away which I'll go to today. Sometimes these things aren't always too good but I've heard that this one is much better. No food to buy. No washing to be done. Just a quiet day ahead with some time in the garden too.

The cows have been moved to a different field so it's much quieter outside. The sea is blue and calm and I can see Jura, all of which bode well for the day.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Cloudy and damp here, we had a fairly good day yesterday, it was overcast all morning then the sun came out for a while. Big black clouds about 3.30 but it didn't rain until about 8pm. It can stop now!

Stripped both beds yesterday and did loads in the garden, planted the tumbling toms in their bags, strimmed all round and cut the grass again so it is all nice and tidy for a few days.

Kind of glad it is raining as my back is very sore, I think I may have overdone it yesterday.

Going for brunch with DD and then I need to look for some sandals so will have a quick look in Glasgow. Will do some food shopping on the way home which will probably determine what is for tea.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday. Take care. XX
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all. Another mizzly start here but hopefully it will follow yesterday's pattern and brighten up later.

I've just set a liver and bacon casserole going in the sc. A treat for Mr TA! I have never acquired a taste for liver myself but he loves it. So maybe a tuna steak for me with some salad and Jersey potatoes.

I went in town yesterday for a browse in the Beales sale but, despite there being racks and racks of stuff reduced, I came out empty handed! There was an Esprit shirt that I loved but, as is always the case, wrong size! Next stop M & S for a couple of white t shirts - my 3rd attempt to get some but they still had every colour but white!

No plans for today. The plants all need a feed but, other than that, I think a feet-up-with-a-book day looms.

Have a good Sunday all and take care whatever you are up to xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Very overcast here which is a shame as we are doing the photo shoot today for the twins.
    I've decided to make a chicken casserole with vegetable rice to feed everybody as it's not really the weather for salad & nibbles.
    We had a lovely day yesterday with the DGC, we went to the lock to watch the boats & buy icecream, then we fed the ducks & then went to the park for a play. We took them out for lunch & then took them home & had a quick cuddle with the twins, when we got home we were knackered, lol.
    Time I made a cuppa.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, dull and very overcast here today too but not at all cold. He Who Knows has just gone allotmentwards to check a bonfire that was had last night, we're allowed to burn but only after sunset. We think we'll do the lovely walk along the shore again this afternoon as long as it's not wet. Lots of wildlife to see and wild flowers too. I think we'll gather in some elderflowers to dehydrate for use later in the year, you can use them to make a batch of cordial or as a tisane which is lovely with some mint too, it's very fragrant and refreshing. Washing is in the machine, housework is done and I'm off in a mo to make beds and get dressed, love lazy Sunday mornings where there is no rush or hurry and no deadlines!

Have a lovely day, Lyn xxx.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]hilstep So sorry about your dad xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gintotmelinda I've just checked FB for times – I map our journey home on there, one check-in for each county, lol – and we were going past Bristol at about the time you posted yesterday :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It took us a bit longer than usual to get home, we usually leave really early or late but we left at 10.30am – the same time as everyone else, I think! We did our usual stops at a couple of shops to pick up milk, etc. The A30 was slow-going but the M5 was OK. When we got to Teckels, there were two other couples there. Scampi was walked into reception and really nervously looked at the people nearest to him. He looked at us, then the other couple, then quickly turned back to us – his ears went up and he dived over (as much as his lead would allow!) and it's like he thought “ooooh you came back, love you love you love you” and he spent a few minutes madly licking our faces :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It was raining when we got home, miss tru's washing had taken up all of the undercover drying space. I piled all the washing up in front of the machine – just opened the suitcase and tipped it all out, lol - the weather looks better today so I'll make a start in a mo. I have no idea what the food situation is, when we're away the kids either eat everything or live on takeaways :D I'll go through the freezer and cupboards this morning and write a shopping list (or not).[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

After yesterdays continuous rain and it is calm, but cloudy.

Himself has already been out on slug patrol and found some very juicy ones making their way into my tubs, so have had salt sprinkled on their tails. I have deheaded petunias and pansies, but my poor poppies look to be beyond redemption. The rain has battered them down to the ground, so when it dries a little I will cut them back. I don't think I will have a second flowering because I have had to do that before and nothing happened. The blue geranium has withstood the constant rain very well.

I think we are having a quiet morning, I have cooked breakfast, Himself has just gone out for a morning paper, and I know he has some paper shredding to do.

Have a good day all, whatever you choose to do.

Candlelightx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 14 June 2015 at 9:20AM
    Options
    Morning all

Still tucked up in bed with lappie and a cuppa courtesy of Mr G.
    Hi Lynn(waves)

Tru yes we've done the run back from Cornwall a few times so Mr G can time it fairly accurately. We were last in St Germans in late March staying in a converted railway van. Twas lovely in it's own little garden with a cosy woodburner and comfy bed. Mr G was in his element as trains passed through and stopped at the station only a few feet away.

Today? Well may do some washing as it seems fine here after yesterdays drizzle. Nothing else on the agenda but that might change when I get up. Seven day weekends are strange aren't they?

Anyway hugs and spoons to all and have a nice day,

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Been raining here all night but seems to be brightening up now, have the first of two washes on the go which I will hang out if possible.

Dropped mum and her sis off yesterday the ship was massive and looked very lovely, left them walking off towards it like an elderly Thelma and Louise with walking sticks :rotfl:bless them I hope they have fun.

Had a good afternoon shopping yesterday got another pair of Birkenstocks for the summer, (Camelot TK MAXX have them for £24 if that helps ? ) and a few tops for my holiday

Not sure what we are up to today dd is here and still in bed, will leave her a while, I may get another coat of paint on the larder cuboards this morning and then see if dd needs to do a shop on the way home. I have stripped the bed and got that in the wm so need to re make that later.

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family