We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

SIPP advice

2»

Comments

  • BLB53
    BLB53 Posts: 1,583 Forumite
    I think the Charles Stanley 0.25% doesn't apply to SIPPs and is instead a fixed £120 per year fee (happy to be corrected if that's not the case though).

    Yes you are quite right - I was confusing with ISA!
    We have a climate emergency and need to re-think investing strategies to avoid sectors that are part of the problem such as oil & gas and embrace climate-friendly options such as renewable energy.
  • No worries. Every time I think I've got it I realise I've got confused again. Nearly there now though, this forum is awesome! :-)
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 46,074 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Is claiming additional pensions tax relief something you do once a year as part of a self assessment tax return?

    You can claim on your SA form or ring HMRC to arrange an adjustment to your tax code.
  • Bumblies
    Bumblies Posts: 19 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have a SIPP with AJ Bell and found it simple to set up and administer. Massive range of investment possibilities and low custody and dealing charges. So far I've had no problems and am very happy with my choice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.