Queens Speech

Options

Comments

• Spidernick
    Spidernick Posts: 3,803 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A pensioner talking about restricting pension relief for others is somewhat ironic!
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spidernick wrote: »
    A pensioner talking about restricting pension relief for others is somewhat ironic!

...but she is already in flexi drawdown from her SIPP with British People Ltd.:rotfl:...and Charlie boy will inherit the balance!!
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Budget on the 8th of July should be interesting. I've just been reading what Roger Bootle of Capital Economics said about the summer budget after the 2010 election.

He thought it was rather tame because "the bulk of the tightening was planned to take place anyway under Labour. The Coalition was merely doing Labour's dirty work."

"The additional tightening put in place by Mr Osborne amounts to about 2% of GDP, not that large when spread over five years." It seems to me that any household or business that couldn't cope with a "cut" of about 0.4% p.a. in a rising income (as GDP was expected to rise) would be extraordinarily !!!!less and incompetent. So much for all the caterwauling at the time about the awful "cuts".

Bootle made a couple of other interesting points. First he said that the risk to the borrowing forecast was to the upside, of inflation to the downside. I think he proved right on that, didn't he?

Then he said (this was published on 23/06/2010) "I am extremely comfortable with my forecast that Bank Rate will be 1% or below for five years". He was right there.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,223 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Perhaps someone should give Nicola Sturgeon a copy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income