PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily thread Tuesday 26th May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

up bright and early from a prod from 'Youngest' who had just got up ready for work. Unfortunately one of the dogs had spilt her bowels all over the hall carpet so there I was at at 5 I am armed with paper towels, anti bac cleaners and the carpet cleaner which is good at its job but weighs a ton.

Even that didn't wake hubby up from his slumber but he'll be getting up soon to go to work. Oh well, all hygienically clean now (well as far as it can be). Must say I don't know whats upset her. She's not eaten anything any different.

Daughter number 2 has arrived from her honeymoon. She's messaged me and they are on their way back home.

Number 1 daughter is off to Somerset to see friends overnight before heading back here to drop 'Youngest' daughters car off and say her final goodbyes before heading off back to South Africa tomorrow afternoon.

House is a tip, I'm frazzled and I need sleep.

Onwards and forwards (when ive woken up),

have a great day all.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Now light, bright and sunny, air feels really cool though. Load in WM, which I’ll put out before I leave for work.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work. DS2 still in his pit as it’s half term holidays.

Dinner last night was a mixture of using up what I’d bought but hadn’t been eaten over the weekend. There was sausages, 2 x individual steak pies, chips/jacket potato, salad, and cous cous salad. Remembered to get some chicken out of the freezer to defrost overnight but it’s still quite frozen, so have covered it loosely and put it in the fridge, hopefully it’ll defrost throughout the day and be ready to cook later.

Hairdresser is coming tonight to re-blond me, and cut the menfolk’s hair.

Our time away was excellent – made better due to the weather being quite kind, mostly dry and some lovely sunshine, although the wind has had a cool chill to it, but so nice not to be trudging around in wet muddy conditions. Feeling quite tired though, as we were busy for most of the time we were away and we’d hoped to get away yesterday morning, we wanted to just get up yesterday morning, have breakfast and pack up and come home, but DH had some official stuff to do yesterday lunchtime that we didn’t know about until we arrived on Thursday – so yesterday morning, we got stuff packed away which I continued with whilst he was doing his official stuff then he just got changed and packed last few bits then we left, we wanted to be away by 2pm and left just before that, we were lucky enough to get a decent run home and were home by 5pm, so had some time to get a few bits done at home too.

Back to work today, could do with a day at home to be honest, but at least I’ve only got a full day today and half a day tomorrow, and we’re not away this weekend, so will be able to get stuff done.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2015 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Morning all,

Looks like its going to be a nice day here again, its our half term and work will be packed and very busy, we have a new chap starting today which will hopefully ease the workload somewhat.

DD slept off the migraine yesterday but I am going to take her to see the Doc as she has had several recently and I a sure its a sign to slow down.

Really enjoyed my three day break feel very rested and raring to go, I am sure it will be a different story by the end of the day but its good for now.

Not sure about dinner it will be something and salad we got some lovely local wild rocket which is really tasty.

Mrs LW I do hope the news re docky is ok today I shall be thinking about him xx

Have good days all xx
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Ooh Judi, what a wake up call this morning for you, well done for sorting it out that time of the morning, I would be gagging :eek:.

Glad your trip away went well nmlc, dry weather does make such a difference. My neighbours left yesterday with their caravan, I believe they are off to Wrexham, hope they have a nice time too.

Well, it's a bit grey again today but it's supposed to stay dry so that's good. DD13 had her bestie sleep over last night but obviously they were up all night giggling and so I won't see them probably till this afternoon. I have my CPN coming this morning. She will want to take me out but I am digging my heels in as I am having a bit of a wobble.

Max is still bringing me such joy, my sister came yesterday with Milo and to see the two puppies racing round the garden was loads of fun. Max was completely worn out afterwards and slept for hours. I think we have cracked the house training (she says hopefully), he hasn't had an accident for a couple of days but I still have the carpet cleaner on standby.

Tonight I am making a pizza frittata from the Slimming World magazine. I am not putting olives on though as it is one of the few foods I cannot stand. I am going to do some oven chips and salad to go with it.

Well, that's all from me today, hope you have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

RR, sounds like a trip to the GP is wise if your DD has had a few migraines.
    Glad you had a good weekend nmlc.
    Judi, hope you can all enjoy your last day/night together, it seems to have gone so quickly.
    Hugs to Docky.

Finished my wallpaper stripping yesterday, cut the grass and did a few odd jobs and then my back went, can't bend or walk without severe pain, not sure what has caused it but I wish it would go away. Every time I moved in bed it woke me up. I'll have a shower and then decide if I will be able to go to work - if I can't get in the car then I can't go, bit of a pest as I am not ill, just crippled with pain!

Had lovely chinese style chicken stir fry last night, DD is in charge tonight so not sure what we will have for dinner, I have tuna salad for lunch.

Hope you all have a good day, take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,043 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 26 May 2015 at 8:07AM
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Sun is out already, hope it stays there.

I was in bed extra early, took some cough medicine which helped me sleep though I had a couple of episodes during the night. When I get myself vertical I know it'll start again.

Last night I made a packed lunch for myself, only need to add a vacuum flask of hot tea and I'll be ready for my trip. And two packets of tissues too. I'm really looking forward to the day even though I still feel rotten.

There's soup for when I get home tonight and then I'll do another early night.

I eventually found my lost item after I stopped looking for it, it was in a bag in the boot.

Off to shower, the steam will help my cold.

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning folks ,hopefully a brighter one today as yesterday was a bit grey. Tip run with my dgs this morning to help me as I have to take Dds microwave to the tip its cooked its last meal :):):) and was sparking.I'll get the boys to de-clutter a bit of their rooms today as well.
    I must make a phone call to renew my English Heritage ticket as well today,keep forgetting and it expires at the end of May.Saved us pounds over the year with trips out with the boys.I think we have seen almost every castle in Kent :):):):) besides a few more elsewhere.
    Right time for coffee and a shower then off to do battle with three small boys and their bedroom junk.
    Have a good day everyone what ever you are doing
    JackieO xxx
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all,

Looks as though it might be a brighter day later. Hope everyone had a reasonable Bank Holiday and Gers I hope the cold improves today, I think with a bad cold it just has to stay it's course, and will go when it is ready.

Jackie if I don't get back on before Thursday, all the very best with your operation, i has been a long road but you are almost there and I know DD will look after you when you come home.

Judi not a very nice thing to be woken up to, but it happens doesn't it. Our old goldn retriever was a martyr to his bowels:) and he didn't need anything different in his diet to set it off.

Lyn I am with you in spirit today and holding your hand at the vets, please give Docky a hug from me.

Have a good day all

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) if you need one, I do, another very bad night.

Nice morning, washer is on, will get it hung out. Chap from the removal company coming this morning, need to sort out 2 others for a quote as well.

OH has an INR, he will take himself, I need to wait for the council to phone re the official viewing., then it will be all systems go.

I am going to spend some time in the garden digging up and potting the plants we are taking with us. There will not be as many as last time thats for sure.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all

Put some washing in before I noticed how black the sky was. Oh well....
    No real plans for today but will be putting up the blackout curtains in the spare bedroom ready for DD and grandbaby's visit in July.

What a wake up call Judi! hope the little family have a safe journey home.

Hope you get a good removal quote Csarina. We have been here 34 years. Luckily there is a sheltered housing complex or two within 100 yards for when we fancy downsizing.

Mrs L thinking of you at the vet with Docky today.

Jackie O good luck with your last op.

Dumpling (hugs) to chase the wobble away.

Hugs and spoons to all on here today and I hope you had a good Bank Holiday.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family