Christmas present 2017-Debt Freedom

edited 24 May 2015 at 8:08PM in Debt free diaries
DFFDFF Forumite
36 Posts
edited 24 May 2015 at 8:08PM in Debt free diaries
Hi

Welecome to anyone who reads this diary. This diary is to help me to be more accontable over paying off my debt. I live on my own and work for a large organisation.

My overall debt including to family is £8,150.91. I got into debt through a mixture of things, boiler repair,illness and plain old overspending. I've down a snowball calculation and my debt free day will be 17 December 2017. I will be able to pay off my Virgin credit card in 2 months. I've just received an email offering me another deal quickly deleted. I'm in charge not them.

I've done a spending diary which has come up with some surprises in how much I spend in shops and buying sandwiches etc for work lunches.

One thing that will save most money will be the hardest is not catching taxis to work. I have a bad habit of oversleeping which leaves too little time to get the bus to be at work on time so I get a taxi.:eek:

My plan is to:-1)put my alarm clock on the dressing table so I have to get out of bed to swich it off, 2)have everything need for work including lunch ready the night before, 3)have a no taxi day challenge NTD challenge, where I get to the point that they are only used a luxery-this idea has come from No Spend Day Challenge which I've found useful.

So I'm declaring that the week commencing 25th of May will be a 2 Taxi week.

DFF
Halifax Credit Card 0% until April 17 £4,020/4120, Lloyds Credit Card 0% until March 16 £1140.91/1752 Nationwide Credit Card £159.32/200
Virgin Credit Card £623.83/623.83 PAID OFF. Mum £3,000/3,000

TOTAL DEBT £8,320.23 DEBT FREE DATE 17 December 2017
Emergency Fund £220/£1,000 NSDs Aug 10/10
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals