lose belly fat in 6 weeks?

Hi guys, My holiday is in 6 weeks time and would like to try and lose a lot more belly fat in 6 weeks, i currently go to the gym a few times a week and enjoy running, at the gym i do about 20 mins jogging, 20 mins strider or rowing then 40 minutes on the bike, i also add a bit of weights like leg weights,back weight,kettle bell swings, i am currently having about 2000 calories and its more tuna,salmon,steak,rice,pasta etc, i drink water all day and 3 green teas in the morning, i do have a chocolate cornetto each night but thats a treat :), is there other ways of getting rid of some of the stomach, each night i am doing a 10 minute fast circuit training where i do different sit ups etc

Comments

• ktcoil
    ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    forgot to say i am 29 year old male and i am 5ft9, just under 11 stone so not to bad shape but have a small stomach i would like to chisel at to get a nice flat stomach with a little abs showing, i am small topped.
  • You can't spot reduce. As you lose fat it will come off your body in the order your body decides. For men it will often come off the stomach last. You have to get to a lower body fat percentage. That will mostly come from diet. Eat less and you'll lose fat overall.
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can't really target "fat loss" on a specific area to the best of my knowledge.

Do you know your body fat %?

I would guess what your overall body fat % currently stands at is the likelyhood of you getting the look you want in 6 weeks.

Also with regards to what you are doing workout wise.

I'd trim off some of the cardio and add some more weight training.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Stop eating so many chocolate cornettos...as Cherryblossomsel says, you can't spot reduce fat.
    If you go to the gym, why not ask if they can put a plan together for you?
  • StuC75
    StuC75 Posts: 2,065 Forumite
    The Key is Honesty..

How many times is a few times a week? what is the intensity of the workout when jogging\biking? -

I switched to cycling and running out doors using Strava app to track my performance, the intensity went up and the results came with it; how much of the time at the gym is working hard. Also use a Heart Rate monitor see intensity of workout and more importantly how well recover.

How measured are the portions of what you are eating?
    Try using apps like Fitnesspal to track exactly what you are eating - sometimes it can be a surprise to see where your hard work goes to waste..

My best results in terms of Weight loss & inches, by using those apps to log and track my workouts - essentially 5 aside fooball and cycling to \ from work 5 days and turning it into 30k+ plus rides, with steady rides out with the girlfriend.

Then log everything I eat (meal replacement shakes for breakfast in work for convenience) with a core lunch of salads.

This helped show a clear calorie difference in what I was needing to what I was burning and that's where weight loss kicked in, plus I feel a lot better and know theres still room to eat what I want when I want - though my appetite has changed with that.

The upshot of that work for me is about 4" off my waist in less than 2 months, and when I play 5aside its a lot longer before I feel like going in goals..
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Hi. A chocolate Cornetto every night is not a treat, it's an addiction. :eek:

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    your going to have train much, much harder and cut out the cornettos.

Do more weights, do more intense cardio. Eat a bit less, but keep protein levels up.
    Then see what happens.
    For cardio - try things like intensity, HIIT etc a few times a week.
    For your goals and time frame you probably want to be feeling a little sick by the end of the session and out of breath.

Normally you do not need to go this hard. But you have 6 weeks and not 6 months.
  • Don't eat chocolate every day. It will increase fat in you.
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As others have implied it is difficult to reduce belly fat in men. Its one of the favourite places the male body likes to store excess energy. Especially as we age. However, you also want your abs to show so i'd recommend weighted leg raises (with ankle weights) and weighted sit-ups. Together with weighted side dips.

That is in addition to fat/weight loss measures such as extra cardio and reducing calorie intake. If you're struggling for time and/or dont want to go out i'd suggest running on the spot with ankle weights. Lifting the feet high. 2x10 mins of this per day. For extra sweating put on a fleece and warm hat :) My primary calorie burn suggestion though would be 2/3 long bike rides per week.
  • WoodsboroHigh
    WoodsboroHigh Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 1 June 2015 at 4:09PM
    50% what you train and 50% what and WHEN you eat IMO
    Make a meal plan, stick to it
    Always eat breakfast
    Reduce carbs before bed
    Drink 8 glasses+ of water a day
    Cut out all crap (crisps, etc)

If you're going to eat chocolate it should never be at night
    Replace all pasta w complex carbs (brown pasta)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure