Mixer or Food Processor? Bamix replacement

Hi

I hope that someone can help me, as I haven't got a clue where to start. I'm afraid I'm not very good at following the newest trends for things and rarely watch a cookery programme. (Thinking I should though)!

DD husband has finally managed to destroy the Bamix and all its accessories. And my Kenwood Mixer is very old and the motor is clearly on it's way out. I know I could get a new motor but to be honest, the old bowl on it, is not deep enough and whenever I put the flour in in, it flys out, all around my kitchen!

So, I am thinking that I really need a replacement for both. I would welcome any suggestions of a new mixer and/or food processor that would last me now. I do want to buy something good quality. We need it for day to day cooking and baking too.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I bought a KitchenAid mixer recently. It's a very solid piece of kit and does its job very well. Expensive, but it should last for years.

Food processors - we were looking at the Magimix ones which looked very good (we have a Magimix blender) but in the end we went for a cheaper Kenwood model which seems to do the job (my wife uses it much more than I do). There's also a food processor add-on for the KitchenAid mixer, although I don't know how it compares to stand-alone food processors.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • SammySue
    SammySue Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you!!

It is so difficult to decide on the best option. I like the idea of a food processor add-on for the KitchenAid mixer. It might be just what I need. I will try and find some more out about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure