Very Best Chicken Nuggets?

2»

Comments

• williacg
    williacg Posts: 707 Forumite
    I used to shop at Costco but couldn't justify the cost of membership as we were buying less and less each time. However, they did sell the very best chicken nuggets, Premium brand I think, and I am struggling to find anywhere that sells these of the same quality.
    They are proper portions of chicken, nugget sized, not chopped and shaped mush that seems to be all I can find in the major supermarkets.:(:(

Herons Foods sell Xsell chicken nuggets, breast meat in either batter or breadcrumbs. If you check back, you'll find there is a whole thread about them being McDonalds McNuggets.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    If cooked thoroughly, couldn't you cook s batch, freeze and then reheat when you need them?

You can cook. then chill or freeze.

But much nicer on the 1st cook.
    On the 1st cook the meat is more juicy.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sharond101 wrote: »
    Rice crispie chicken works well as nuggets too. Roll chicken pieces in mayonnaise then in crunched up rice crispies then bake at 180 fan for 15 minutes.

would it work rolling the chicken in beaten egg (instead of mayo) then rolling in rice crispies?
  • sharond101
    sharond101 Posts: 833 Forumite
    stephen77 wrote: »
    would it work rolling the chicken in beaten egg (instead of mayo) then rolling in rice crispies?

yes but you dont taste the mayo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport