Iva

Options
Pay plan have recommended intake out an IVA and I have been booked into a phone interview next Tuesday when my case has been passed across. What do I need to expect?

Comments

• Vikipollard
    Vikipollard Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Have all your paperwork (wage slips, bank statements, credit card statements, loan details etc to hand. Mine was a face to face (with another company, not payplan), but they went through the last three months of all of those, plus a monthly budget. They had what they needed to work up a proposal for my creditors then.

HTH :)
    LBM July 2006. Debt free 01 Sept 12 .. :T
    Finally joined Slimming World: weight loss 33lbs...target achieved 51wks later 06.05.13 & still there :j
    Aim to be mortgage free in 2022. Jan 17 33250 Nov 17 27066 Mar 18 24498 Sep 18 20608 Nov 18 19250 Jan 19 17980 Mar 19 16455 May 19 15024 Nov 19 10488 Feb 20 8150 May 20 5783 Aug 20. 3305 Nov 20 859 Mortgage free, 02.12.2020
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Make sure you budget correctly, don't agree to a level of payment that you will not be able to sustain.
    A lot of IVA's fail because people agree to too higher payment, something goes wrong, and it all unravels.

Slightly overestimate your outgoings, so you can build up an emergency fund, should you need it, also it is likley, whatever figure you come up with, your creditors may ask you to up it slightly, to be able to agree your proposal, that's why you need some wriggle room in your budgeting.

You need to get the creditors who hold the largest proportion of debt on your side, as they will hold sway on weather your IVA is accepted or not, basically you have to show that your IVA proposal will bring in the best return for your creditors, as opposed to any other option, if you can do that successfully, it should be accepted.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure