edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
9 replies 1.9K views
Cpu2007Cpu2007 Forumite
712 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
Hi everyone
I hope everyone is enjoy the sun and with that has a good pair of sunglasses to protect you from harmful rays :)

i have been looking to buy rayban glasses for sometime but always held myself back because of the costs of their sunglasses.
However, now with the new sunglasses that came out I feel like I could buy one (if I can get prices cheaper)

The rayban uk website seems to be the one with the best variety and was wondering if anyone is aware of vouchers,promo codes etc that will allow me to get some discounts out of it?

Do not hesitate to tell me about any deal about other stores that sell these sunglasses,I might find they have what I am looking for. (for example checked house of fraser and there are some codes that give me some percent off but they don't have what I am looking for)

Thank you

Replies

• Kernow666Kernow666 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    might be worth checking out places like CEX , Cash converters , Cash generator , i have seen them selling designer sunglasses
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • After usually buying cheap sunglasses I bought a pair of Raybans about 15 years ago.

They're still going strong. I enjoy wearing them. I think they've lasted because they cost enough money to look after.
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should look at Amazon.com (not the UK site) and select UK postage locations. Prices can be as much as 50% cheaper and when you get to the cart you have the option of see the price in GBP including import fees, which means no scary import charges afterwards.
  • Mr_SingletonMr_Singleton Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    You should look at Amazon.com (not the UK site) and select UK postage locations.
    Like many brands Ray-ban don't allow retailers to ship across borders. Unless you have an address in the US that will forward to the UK or your going to the US for a vacation then your not going to get a pair of Ray-ban from Amazon.com.

It sucks!
  • Cpu2007Cpu2007 Forumite
    712 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I have checked amazon but I am a bit skeptical in regards to their authenticity because most of the amazon sellers I checked, had a few negative feedbacks claiming the item to be fake.

I was hoping for a voucher code,promotional code for the original website or also any other store selling them in the uk so I can phisically go there(house of fraser,selfridges etc) check the one I like and I order them online.
  • edited 25 April 2015 at 10:30PM
    theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2015 at 10:30PM
    Like many brands Ray-ban don't allow retailers to ship across borders. Unless you have an address in the US that will forward to the UK or your going to the US for a vacation then your not going to get a pair of Ray-ban from Amazon.com.

It sucks!

Well, how would you explain the three pairs I have here then?

All shipped to a UK address from the US. Has it changed in the last few months?

Edit just checked we bought the last pair 4 months ago.
  • edited 25 April 2015 at 10:31PM
    theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2015 at 10:31PM
    Cpu2007 wrote: »
    I have checked amazon but I am a bit skeptical in regards to their authenticity because most of the amazon sellers I checked, had a few negative feedbacks claiming the item to be fake.

I was hoping for a voucher code,promotional code for the original website or also any other store selling them in the uk so I can phisically go there(house of fraser,selfridges etc) check the one I like and I order them online.

You have to ensure they are from Amazon.

Edit I checked and our first order was 10 months ago, our last nearly 4 months.
  • Cracking advice there, gonna try that :beer:
  • snit_girlsnit_girl Forumite
    179 Posts
    I use an independant opticians in Glasgow for my Ray Bans as they sell them for £79 (or £69 if you got your eye test there, I don't). The polarised and reflective lenses cost more but not much.

They're happy to send for any current sunglasses as long as you have the ref code if they don't have them in stock.

They are genuine and I'm on my 3rd pair now, even got them to put prescription lenses in one pair and they're my favourite.

It's worth checking local independant opticians to see what deals they're offering.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals