We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

International Medical Debt

Options
124»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    edited 23 April 2015 at 5:14PM
    Options
    LisaW20 wrote: »
    Thank you. They are seeing a solicitor outside of Age concern now, to discuss next steps if it goes to court here. In the meantime, we are doing as Debtline advises and re-iterating our offer and starting payments with immediate effect.

My father has also arranged an appointment at the bank just to get some advice from them if possible.

Sounds good

Though I'd be cautious about advice from a bank. I'm not sure in what areas a bank employee would be knowledgeable
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 29,173 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Sounds good

Though I'd be cautious about advice from a bank. I'm not sure in what areas a bank employee would be knowledgeable

PPI mis-selling perhaps ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    PPI mis-selling perhaps ?

Yes, they were very good at doing that :)
  • andyfromotley
    andyfromotley Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Sounds good

Surely one of their packaged bank accounts will cover it??
    £1000 Emergency fund No90 £1000/1000
    LBM 28/1/15 total debt - [STRIKE]£23,410[/STRIKE] 24/3/16 total debt - £7,298
    !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family