Blackout Curtains Advice Required

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
6 replies 996 views
TAWTAW Forumite
15 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
Hi I've decided to buy blackout curtains for the bedroom. It'll be my first time so any tips on the best and effective makes from your own experiences would be truly appreciated. I have done some internet research and I'll go to Dunelm Mill. Any other suggestions please? Many thanks

Replies

• ripplyukripplyuk Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to be expensive. I bought cheap blackout linings from Harry Corry. They were reduced to £9.99 because they were an unpopular size. I got a local seamstress to hem them for £3. They do the job great. Even during a bright day, if I close the curtains, the room is completely dark.
  • TAWTAW Forumite
    15 Posts
    Very useful thanks! I hadn't heard of this shop and it turns out there's a shop a couple of miles away
  • rach_krach_k Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't find any curtains you like, you could consider a roller blind fitted as well as non-blackout curtains you do like/ones you already have. We use the Ikea TUPPLUR ones which are really good - can be fitted in several ways, come in loads of sizes and can be cut down if needed. They block out the light completely if you fit them decently.
  • jenniewbjenniewb Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TAW wrote: »
    Very useful thanks! I hadn't heard of this shop and it turns out there's a shop a couple of miles away

How did you find this out? I've looked through the website and can't see anywhere where stores are listed and Google only throws up a few of the stores which are part of wider shopping villages.
  • TAWTAW Forumite
    15 Posts
    I can't post the link but go the Harry Corry website through a search engine and at the bottom of the home page under contacts there's a store finder link. Click and follow the instructions
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals