Amazon Subscribe and Save

Has anyone used the Amazon Subscribe & Save service? What do you think of it?

I've just been looking at some of the items I buy regularly and they do work out quite a bit cheaper. I tend to buy in bulk anyway because I find some of the items hard to get in my local supermarket so its a case of buy when I can find it.

Thanks

Comments

• greyfox
    greyfox Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I've been using it for quite a while & find it's fine. I only have deliveries every 3 months & it's pretty straightforward to change the schedule or even skip a scheduled delivery altogether. I mainly use it for coffee capsules, which work out a lot cheaper this way.

Don't feel you have to oder the same items each time, either; you can add/remove items easily. There are only 4 "big value" items which I want regularly so I include something very cheap to make sure I get the 15% discount - the extra saving far outweighs the cost of the "make weight" item.

Hope this helps
  • lisa701
    lisa701 Posts: 414 Forumite
    Thanks greyfox, that's really helpful. Good idea about adding a cheap extra to achieve the 15% discount.

Its mainly the gluten free pasta and flour I'm interested in. Even without the 15% discount its much cheaper than my current stockist and cheaper than buying direct from the manufacturer.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I've found the service pretty unreliable to be honest.

I understand the prices change but sometimes you order something at a good price only to find out the next delivery will be more expensive and maybe not worthwhile.

Also i've had items which were discontinued from the program (cat food, popcorn) or not available by the time my delivery is due (american snack import).

I used to get loads of items regularly but cancelled my last remaining item because of the poor stock availability.

I see how expensive GF products are though so it sounds useful for that.

Just don't expect every delivery to happen and you should be ok lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure