Bit Coins. Who has used them?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
8 replies 1.5K views
vinylmusicvinylmusic Forumite
1.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
I'm interested in buying some bit coins. I've understood about having a virtual wallet and buying them to make purchases.
Otherwise I haven't a clue what I'm doing.
There's a website where I can pay in bit coins and the amount they ask in BC's seems quite reasonable.
They don't offer any free trials and the minimum subscription is for 30 days recurring until cancelled when paying with a credit card
With Bit coins I can purchase just 10 days therefore spending less to try it out and I don't have to worry about cancelling to avoid recurring fees.
I also like being anonymous till I know the company
There seem to be many providers so I'm worried about which one to go with where I wont pay excessive fees or get ripped off.
Has anyone made the experience
I'd appreciate any advice on who to go with and how to go about the process.
thanks
IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....

Replies

• Kernel_SandersKernel_Sanders Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to buy a so-called currency that someone has 'made' on a computer? They are just made of ones and zeroes and their only advantage is that they can be traded without trace. So, useful for the criminal fraternity. Are these the sort of people you want to do business with?
  • glentoran99glentoran99 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to buy a so-called currency that someone has 'made' on a computer? They are just made of ones and zeroes and their only advantage is that they can be traded without trace. So, useful for the criminal fraternity. Are these the sort of people you want to do business with?

As opposed to the currency created and traded on computers, and passed off as "currency"?
  • Kernel_SandersKernel_Sanders Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    As opposed to the currency created and traded on computers, and passed off as "currency"?
    That's a good point but at least quantative easing 'money' is backed by government whereas bitcoin is backed by....well, whom?
  • anotheruseranotheruser Forumite
    3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's clear you're doing something on the dodgy as you:

1) Don't want to be tied in
    2) Don't want to use conventional payment methods
    3) Want to pay using technology you don't know about

Best just suck it up and pay by card.

Until BitCoin becomes as big as PayPal (and as widely accepted by legit companies); I'm not investing any of my time looking into it.
  • high risk investment.
  • vinylmusicvinylmusic Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear you're doing something on the dodgy as you:
    Don't be ridiculous. I have a perfectly legit reason for wanting to use bitcoins.
    I've had sites continue taking CC payments without my wanting to continue with their services
    Also the site I want to use charges $30 for a month and theres no option for less than 30 days
    Yet they take bitcoins and the amount they take in BC's amounts to less than £4 for 10 days. So I can try it out for under 4 quid without any risk of continuous payments saving money which is what I thought that was what this site is all about
  • vinylmusicvinylmusic Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    AceCobra1 wrote: »
    Thanks. I( tried them and its working out fine
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals