HMRC Repayment Pending

Options

Comments

• Steph1888
    Steph1888 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just out of curiosity Mickthechip80, did your tax return go to the Swindon department? I think I'm in the same situation as yourself. I also did my SA on the 6th of April, went for a review in edinburgh then from there to Swindon. I haven't received a letter though, however hmrc told me when I telephoned them in April I would hear from them by the 15th of June.
  • mickthechip80
    Options
    I'm not sure just spoke to an advisor who said letter on its way i had been told 100 different things before that though all my paperwork has to be in by the 21st of june.
  • Parry217
    Options
    Hmrc are a joke been waiting since the 6th April been through checks etc spoke to them last week and they said yes it's ready to be paid all we need is your bank details so it should only take 3/5 working days nothing yet. Spoke them them again on Tuesday and they said yes it's getting issued tonight (Tuesday) but when I log in it's still saying payment depending ����
  • Parry217
    Options
    Has this happen to anyone else?? Filed on 7th April kept on saying I was in credit x amount. Everything 48 hours and still the same! It went through checks got past off last week so they ask for my bank details the day after it went to bank Repment depending. Just spoke to them again now and it gone to checks again and have to phone back 7th off July that will be 14weeks what a joke and so stressing as they are quicker enough to take it off you. Does anyone know how long it may take now thanks
  • Carlos517
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this forum but have been looking at this thread throughout, I have submitted my return and it went from bank repayment pending with 'pending' in the date to bank repayment and '14th July 2017' in the date section. Does this mean it has been issued and that it will be a case of waiting for it to go in to bank or does it mean it is still having security checks? Any information would be amazing
    Thanks
  • michbeat
    michbeat Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I have been waiting three weeks now...rang them today, but a man told me that HMRC were entitled to hold on to the money for 12 months. Helpful !! Anyone know the average waiting time for 2017 ? Also, I accidentally gave a wrong figure last year, which was quickly remedied and my refund was then issued. Will they be more stringent the next year, to double check my refund ? It should all be in order, but I wondered if it would be protocol.
  • michbeat
    michbeat Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    ajdodson wrote: »
    so mines been pending since April 20th. spoke today ain't I won't hear anything until the 23rd may as it's going through security. I'll either have the money or I won't. they will then write to me explaining what's going on.

helped do my brother in laws form last weekend and he has received it all today.

What was the outcome ... have you had your refund issued yet ?!
  • Punmanuk
    Punmanuk Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for refund online in the 5th of Aug (sat)..today is the 10th and still waiting..it still says processing in the website..I called them up they said there is a backlog so can take up to 10 working days which will be next Friday..gutted..
  • Punmanuk
    Punmanuk Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    Logged in today..it's says refund paid in the 12th of Aug..when will it my account?
    Today is only the 11th aug
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I submitted my self-assessment on the 2nd August and got a very healthy payment into my account on the 8th! HMRC letter advising of repayment was posted on 4th and arrived today 11th. I can't fault the service!

Only downside is that I am due another similar payment for this tax year but won't be able to complete the SA form till this time next year. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback