Query - Real people cash wins

Options
Gutt Tagen

How long are people waiting for their £25 etc wins from Real People. I sent the remittence slip (name address comments) about 20 days ago, just wondering if they are ont he go slow at the moment because of the postal strikes.

TP
Signaller, author, father, carer.

Comments

• littleholly
    littleholly Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    Options
    I won £25 (letter was dated 3rd July) and I sent the form back to them the same day. I sent them an email on the 25th July saying I hadn't received the cheque and how long will it be. The reply I got was: your cheque will be sent to you within the next 3 weeks. So I should receive it by the 15th August otherwise they'll be getting another email!!!

NOW IN COMPING SEMI-RETIREMENT! :D
    AL MAC APPRECIATION SOCIETY MEMBER NO: 550 748 ;)
  • TwistedPsycho
    Options
    Mine is dated July 16th so I am probably looking at end of August then

Muchos Gracias
    Signaller, author, father, carer.
  • fluffynit
    fluffynit Posts: 11,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it was about 8 weeks for me
  • mogart
    mogart Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    mine came about a week afterwards, i didnt even get round to sending my form back with photo etc!
    Wins in 2007:
    -Real People Magazine (£25), Puzzler (£100), Puzzler (£100), National Magazines (£10), L'oreal Color Riche Made For Me Naturals prize (£40ish), Magazine (£50),Magazine (£20)

Wins in 2008: Real People Magazine (£25), Essential Songs 2008 CD (£11.99), Real People Magazine (£25), Alvin and the Chipmunks Dvd (£11.99)
  • snitterling
    snitterling Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    I think because of their accountants' procedures, most magazine cash prizes are dealt with the same way payments to their freelance contributors are dealt with - and for a lot of mags that is "end of month plus 28 days" so if you return your slip (which the accountants treat as an invoice) near the beginning of a month, it could be as much as two months before the money turns up.

I had a £25 win from them earlier in the year and it took 6 -7 weeks to arrive, and unfortunately that seems to be quite normal.
    How sweet it is to do nothing..... and then rest afterwards.
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    When I won money with them think it was about 3 weeks from sending the letter to receiving the money
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • Prudent
    Prudent Posts: 11,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The first time I won it took about two weeks and the last win took two months.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 CROFT Crafting: £84/300, R (visiting daughter): £145/£500 Outside activities: £114/244 (Allotment), Outside 2 (Mud monsters et al) £127 F(Family visits): £50/500 Tummy (food budget): Aiming to use full budget monthly of £200
  • elizabethp
    elizabethp Posts: 76,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done :D
    Liz xx
  • SystemFan
    SystemFan Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was thinking the same, waiting for £50
  • iwantabargain
    Options
    At last my £25 cheque arrived today!

The comp i won was dated 4th June, i hope this helps everyone else to work out when they can expect their cheques.
    Best Wins of 2010 = Apple ipad & £100 Dejager vouchers:j:j
    June Prizes = Kids Card game, Miners nail polish set,L'oreal million lashes mascara.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure