We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dave Ramsey - Podcast and Free budget software

Options
2»

Comments

• Stereochild
    Stereochild Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    uncreative wrote: »
    Tried to use it there to see what it is like but no app for iphone and US or Canada only so not able to try.

They are working on an app from what I hear but it may take some time.
    Debt free 24/03/2015./ On Dave Ramsey's Baby Step 3./Full Emergency Fund 2500/6000./ Got mortgage on the 28/08/15./ 2015 MFW #117 1242.89/2000
  • jim8888
    jim8888 Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I listen to Dave Ramsey but only because I can't find a UK equivalent podcast. Clearly Martin Lewis should do a podcast although I think I'd find his ultra hyper-machine-gun delivery would drive me to distraction! You can't argue with the Dave Ramsey principles of clearing debt -(apart from giving money to the church. As Bono, another great philosopher once said, "The God I believe in ain't short of cash, mister".) I do find the religious sentiments quaint, but they also paint an interesting picture of middle America that you don't often get.
    The other major thing that strikes me is that most of the callers to the Ramsey show's biggest debt, almost by a mile, is student loans. As Ramsey says, forget about the interest rate, a debt is a debt and has to be paid before you can build a cash pile. My son is well on his way to accumulating over thirty grands worth of student debt. (Had I stayed in Scotland, it would be nil.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure