Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Solar PV quote advice please :)

Hi guys

I have some quotes from which I wondered if I could run past you please?

All include EPC, 10yr warranty, MCS accreditation and the companies doing FIT application.

1. 15no Seraphim SRP-265-6MB with Solis 3.6DT £4499

2. 16no Perlight 250W with Samil SR-4000TLD £5220

3. 16no Hyundai HiS-S250MG with Samil SR-4000TLD £5536

4. Solarworld SW250 with Samil SR-4000TLD £5571

My main question is why quote number 1 is £1k less than the others? Is there a difference in quality from the panels and inveter?

thank you

matt

Replies

• oldskoo1oldskoo1 Forumite
    616 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think this is worth a bump

Im trying to research the seraphim panels. Anyone know how they perform?

I read the 220w was rated in the top 5 in the photon lab tests. But could be different tech. I don't know enough about these things.
  • tunneltunnel Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A friend of mine has seraphim panels and i have to say for a SE facing system his system is performing extremely well. He has the 250wp version panel linked with an SMA inverter. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to purchase those panels.
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire
  • Martyn1981Martyn1981 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I seem to have missed that post completely. Very nice prices, all of them.

Looking at Swithenbanks, just for comparison purposes, the Seraphim panels and Solis inverters are quite cheap. Whether or not they are any good (better or worse than others) I've no idea, but certainly well priced.

Slight tangent but I notice they offer a few panels that might be of interest to potential PV'ers, depending on roof space and layout:

1. They do a 320Wp at a low price, but it's not high efficiency, it's a 1m by 2m (not 1.6m) panel. But that might be a better fit for some.

2. For the same price (per Wp) they do a 285W black framed panel (regular size).

3. Reasonably priced all black mono panels in a few sizes.

Live and learn each day, live and learn.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals