PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Saturday 21 March

Options
Gers
Gers Posts: 12,080 Forumite
First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 21 March 2015 at 6:55PM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.

Comments

• Gers
    Options
    Morning everyone.

It's a glorious sunny morning here, really unexpected but all the more welcome.

Friends brought a load of Prosecco with them (there's a first, bringing wine to Scotland) and very lovely it was too.

We're off out soon for breakfast and a walk and \ or drive around.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Did I miss a day? Its Saturday!!

OH manfully coping without his bridge, he managed his supper last night, just a few maons about sore gums, the site tiself is almost healed.....the stitches really helped.

I started on the Christmas box yesterday will be continuing in fits and starts today. The Go cutter has really helped me cut the fabric up. Wish I had a few more cutters though.

Lie in this morning for an hour, feel better for it. Nothing from DD2 yesterday so I can only assume she is feeling better, hope she goes back to the Drs and gets herself signed off for another week, she needs the rest.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Beautiful day here sunny with a good breeze I have a towel load in the wm and another two to go in should all dry well outside today.

Need to have a good clean through today and pop to the shop to get a few bits, we have no bread and I am missing my weekend toast with marmite :(

I also need some new t-shirts for work I have to wear a black one every day and they are getting a bit tatty looking with all the washing.

Dinner will be something with the chicken breasts I got out the freezer yesterday, we had a lovely Indian takeaway last night.

Going to a pub quiz tonight with my sis and her partner and us and DD so should be a good laugh.

Right better get on, have good days all xx

Hugs to Topsy xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,
    and the first day of spring and here in north Kent its not too bad no blue skies yet, as its a bit cloudy atm, but who knows it was like this yesterday morning, yet turned out beautiful later.

Today my gorgeous grandson Ben comes home from Uni for several weeks and I am looking forward to seeing him.

This afternoon eldest DD is coming for a coffee and a chinwag as she is going to open and air her caravan in Deal tomorrow with her OH .

Busy week next week as I am off to the cinema on Monday with my friend to see Suite Francais. Tuesday I am out with the U3A luncheon club, then in the evening a quiz night .
    Wednesday I am going to a new sociology group at U3A,Thursday morning my gardener is coming and we will be sorting out what I want him to do in my garden and Friday is History Club :):):)

Thats apart from looking after my three DGS after school every day :):):) Who ever thought retirement was all beer and skittles obviously has never been a Grandma :):):)
    I hope everyone has a good day whatever you are doing, at least I no shopping to do
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We had our home check yesterday morning, he met the chickens and we went for a walk. All went well and we were told we could pick him later on! We went to the centre at about 3.30pm and spent a bit of time there, signing forms etc. and were home by teatime. His name is Scampi, he still needs a bit of training with the chickens but there's no problems. We've taken pics but most are action shots, lol – HERE'S ONE mr tru managed to get :D There was a bit of confusion over his age, different paperwork said different birth dates, making him somewhere between 6-8 months. The vaccination record says he was born at the end of august last year so we've all gone by that, which makes him almost seven months :DHERE'S the fab centre who have been taking care of him.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No proper plans for today. I thought we'd have a few short walks over the weekend but we were advised not to take Scampi out until monday, to let him get used to the house and garden. So he'll be exploring, and having his lead put on several times a day when we take him near the chicken fence. We have a squeaky toy and some treats to help with his training for this, wish me luck :D I'm hoping to get two loads of washing done, change the bed and do some hoovering. To be honest, I don't think any of those things will happen :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Thought I'd missed a day there!
    Hi Guys, hope you are all well.

Just washed the towels, took two and a half hours!:eek: I washed them at 60 degrees and didn't realise how long that wash took!:rotfl:

Watching the rugby today, come on Wales!:T

Tru Scampi looks cute!
    Not sure what to have for dinner yet.

Enjoy the day!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Aww Tru Scampi is adorable. I hope he settles in quickly.

Up bright and early this morning. Hubbys body clock wakes him up at 5.30 ever morning and he tossed and turned in bed waking me up.

Hes gone off to have his hair cut. He usually has the 'action man' tennis ball look but I told him if he did that there would be nothing left to cut into a proper style for our daughters wedding in May so he's gone for a cut at the barbers. However he's been gone for 2 hours. Either there is a very long queue or he's waiting for it to grow again.:rotfl:

The plan is to do the shopping today. He needs to see his sister over the weekend sometime and we have a party to go to tonight. If we can stay awake it will be a good night I think. The person who is throwing it is Irish and knows how to throw a good party. :D

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    One of the DGDs is here, so far we've made biscuits & cakes & iced them & she's cut up some fabric to make scarves for some of her toys. I need to measure her before she goes home as I need to make a dress for her, she's chosen the fabric & style. Yesterday we took her younger sister to her first dance lesson, she loved it, so that's my Friday's sorted for a while.
    I shall get the last of the paid for sewing finished once DGD's gone home.
    I've got 2 loads of washing on the line, it's overcast here but very windy so hopefully it will dry a little.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Options
    Evening all - sorry for the Sunday thing, too much Prosecco last night!

It's been a fabulous day today, blue skies and warm warm sunshine. Visit with friends has been lovely, we went to Tarbert for a walk round the harbour, visited three tea rooms and just generally dossed around.

The evening is wonderful, I've been avoiding the rugby and sitting outside watching the sun over the Sound of Jura.

Hope everyone had a good day,
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was sure I posted here this morning?.

Judi, laughed at idea of OH waiting to let his hair grow! My OH doesnt have enough hair to have a decent cut no matter how long he lets it grow for.

Have spent the day faffing around, went to town alone as OH had to watch the rugby, got stuff in health food shop, had car washed and bought some lovely fish for dinner.....glad to be alone really as OH always rushes me, it made a nice change.

Have a good weekend all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills