We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Police Pension Scheme Transfer to SIPP blocked

Options
13»

Comments

• jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 March 2015 at 3:01PM
    Options
    I might also remove my current investments from the global investment trust, because the growth over the past three years must be a fiction of my imagination.
    It's not your imagination, it's what is expected. A plain global tracker that I spent £21,900 to buy on 8/12/11 is up by 71.8% since then. It's up by 62.7% since another purchase of it that I made on 24/4/2012.

We have been in a bull market since around the start of 2009. You can't expect to receive bull market returns for the rest of your life.
    Keep your money in the bank guys and enjoy the low risk returns!
    You've had replies from people who have hundreds of thousand of Pounds invested in equities. One of mine is up by more than 100% since 2009. One is up by 9% just since mid January. I still know that's a bull market and not a long term result I can rely on.

You're getting replies from people who've seen a bear market as well as a bull market and who've looked at the long term history and who know that we're in one of the longest-running bull markets in history.

You're making a bad decision based on short term results that are unrealistic over the long term. Just like the crooks who think they are on to a winner until you collar them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure