Renovations and Repayments.

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Trying to stay positive means I can smile about my current daily being a mobile drawing room Daimler 4.0ltr borrowed from the parents as it has a tow bar.

It is, as they say, a hard life :D

What time is the televised debate on tomorrow? Taking Mrs E away to a seaside hotel for the night, but would quite like to catch some of it.

None of the parties have showered themselves in glory in my eyes, will need some convincing.
  • ajmoney
    ajmoney Posts: 6,234 Forumite
    Options
    The debate is tonight at 8pm on ITV.
    MFW 2024 No. 7 £400/£1200 MFiT-T6 No. 70 £15420.41/£22787.04
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It is, as they say, a hard life :D

What time is the televised debate on tomorrow? Taking Mrs E away to a seaside hotel for the night, but would quite like to catch some of it.

None of the parties have showered themselves in glory in my eyes, will need some convincing.

The weather is nice enough to get the classics out today. :) Mrs. K. has gone to work in one of the Triumphs and I'm thinking about a drive around with the roof down, such is the joy of self employment. ;)

Enjoy your evening away. When is the baby due, it can't be too long now?

As for the politics, I do think it's a difficult choice for a floating voter.
    ajmoney wrote: »
    The debate is tonight at 8pm on ITV.

Thanks. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2015 at 12:40PM
    Options
    Less than 7 weeks now :)

I have always disliked the phrase 'floating voter'. I think it stems back to a doorstep canvasser asking me who I was voting for and being told that I would vote for the party that best represented the concerns of myself and my family. He looked at me like something he had just stepped in, appearing mortified that I had not established a lifelong political preference at the age of 29, before finishing up with 'ooh, you're a floating voter' (delivered in a 'Carry On' vein). He then appeared to give up...

Surely converting the undecided should be the life's work of someone who is canvassing for a political party?

Suffice to say I never voted for his mob ;)
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'd agree the role of a canvasser is to convert the undecided or the "I'm voting for x party because my parents do" voters. We are very lucky to get no canvassers knocking at our door but I do know a couple and at least one seems more interested in talking to those certain to vote for his party than persuading anybody.

Go on, admit the canvasser was from the Labour party.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thursday 2nd April, 2015.

Dear Diary,

Well, I enjoyed watching the debate. The comment of the evening had to be David Cameron telling the audience that Labour party MPs employ around 70 people on zero-hours contracts. :rotfl: However, I was rather surprised by the performance of some of the other leaders.

Clegg I find rather patronising and cannot understand how he gained popularity at the last election and whilst Sturgeon was a strong performer, I have to say I've more contempt for the SNP now I know a little more about what they stand for than before the debate. That said, they do at least seem to be passionate about their party and I thought she became the leader this evening rather than the public knowing her as Salmond's deputy.

Do please forgive my posts about the election; I wasn't in the right state of mind to enjoy the last election campaign.

As for other news, I had an interesting conversation with a customer about some work I'd like to do on the house which seems to have reignited a little interest in my window project. This lead to me promising Mrs. K. one will be completed in the first week she's away and I'm at home.

Yours Faithfully,
    Alex.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »

The comment of the evening had to be David Cameron telling the audience that Labour party MPs employ around 70 people on zero-hours contracts. :rotfl:
    Really??????? I may have to watch it after all :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yes, though I wasn't surprised. Labour are utter hypocrites.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • AlexLK
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Friday 3rd April, 2015.

Dear Diary,

Today has been a really bad one, it's been one of those days when I wonder why I bother at all with life. For it seems that my life is filled with a level of chaotic mess I cannot see in others. Today has been one of those days I have questioned why I own so little of my house and why I've not got the work done that has needed doing for years. Clearly, there's more to life than sorting the house out but that is just one more thing I have failed to achieve but have no real plan, other than turning to my parents, to solve.

Yours Faithfully,
    Alex.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Having read through your diary you should look at the positives of all you have achieved. Getting rid of your debt and saving is a real achievement.

We are renovating a house currently and have moved here from a house which we also renovated decided it wasn't big enough and sold. This has been over 6 years now and it can get demoralising at times.

Motivation goes up and down, you definitely shouldn't beat yourself up over it. We've had months where we're can't be bothered to do anything. This is totally normal you just need to go with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure