barclays debt

Options
Hi. Looking for some help. I completed all forms for my bankruptcy ( Scotland ) on 18th of this month. Set up payments to pay 200 per month starting next month. Got new barclays cash card account and wages went in today. Have barclaycard debt and they have went into my new account and took out 300 today. Can they do this? Thanks

Comments

• OhhToria
    Options
    Scumbags! Please read this, I think you'll find it helpful with getting a refund, or at least part - ESPECIALLY as you have agreed with them (in writing?) that you'll commence repayments at an agreed amount very soon > moneysavingexpert.com/banking/setting-off (sorry, I'm a relatively new to discussions on here so can't post direct link) :)
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    In England/Wales they would lose their right to set off against any money paid in after the date of your bankruptcy.

I would imagine the same in Scotland but I would be contacting the AIB and/or whoever helped organise it to check.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Options
    The OP's predicament [especially assuming they have yet to petition for BAnkruptcy?]...hilites the need to move all day-to-day working accounts away from creditor institutions....until such time as a Petition is sought.
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure