Jo_H's thread disappeared?

tomtontom
tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
edited 28 February 2015 at 12:42PM in Benefits & tax credits
Is it just me or did a thread on IB ESA just disappear? There was nothing abusive on it?

In case Jo still needs help, can you tell us how much your partner receives? It may be that he just receives the CB element and the letter is a mistake.

Edit: it has reappeared and been locked. No idea why!

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    That is weird. I can only think that the OP has asked for it to be locked - there was nothing controversial or reportable on there?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Jo_H_3
    Jo_H_3 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hello, I go away for a short while and come back to uproar! No I didn't ask for my original posting to be closed or locked, strange.

Anyway, to clarify, my husband applied for ESA and we filled in the form with all his details, he received the 'temporary' rate until he had his assessment when he was put in the support group. He received the contribution based amount for a few weeks and then we received a form from DWP saying fill this in, you may be entitled to a top-up. We filled this in with his details and sent it back and got a letter saying he was now in the income based ESA support group. Then this morning I received a letter asking me to go for a job related interview. Now it seems he should never have received income related as I work full time so I will call them on Monday morning to clear all this up and find out whether we need to pay back the top-up he has been receiving, which I strongly suspect we will. Then hopefully that will be an end to it.
  • How much does he get ? Is it the couple's rate ?
  • Jo_H_3
    He currently gets £343 every two weeks
  • Thats more money every 2 weeks then I get and I live with a working partner!!
  • tomtontom
    Jo_H wrote: »
    He currently gets £343 every two weeks

In that case you're definitely receiving a means tested element. You'll need to arrange to repay the overpayment (not the full amount, just the means tested element) - don't worry, they will allow you to pay over time.

Don't worry about the suggestion of fraud on the other thread, for that to apply there needs to be intent to deceive, which does not appear to be the case here.

Please post back if you require further information.
  • Here's a link to the locked thread, in case anyone is looking.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Jo_H_3
    Thank you for your reply TomTon - I have checked and I believe he should have been receiving £108 per week (i.e. £216 every two weeks) and not the £343 he has been receiving which is an overpayment of £127 every two weeks and according to his award letter he has been receiving this since last July so £254 x 7 = £1,778 - does this look correct? Maths never was my strongest subject at school!
  • tomtontom
    That sounds about right, yes, probably closer to £1,900 to account for the extra days in the month (30/ 31 as opposed to 28 in four weeks). Hope you get things sorted.
  • Jo_H_3
    Thank you for your help. I'll get in touch with them on Monday and see if I can get it all sorted out as quickly as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure