Puncture repair

Options
I am insured with Hughes ni for my car. I thought that green flag was the breakdown service they include with the insurance. Apparently they are not with Hughes insurance any longer. I have one of those stupid cars that does not have a spare, and I really can't afford to buy a new tyre each time I get a puncture. Any idea who Hughes Insurance use now? Or any ideas for help service.

Comments

• Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a wheel well in your car?. If so buy a spare to carry with you.
  • pepper33
    pepper33 Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I will certainly be doing this, am totally fed up with this. I am trying to blow the tyre up, so I can get it to a garage.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you remove the wheel and take that to get it repaired
  • pepper33
    Options
    No I can't, not strong enough. That is why I was with Green Flag through my car insurance, but now I find out that they no longer are used by Hughes.
  • Honkycat
    Honkycat Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the car doesn't have a spare then the tyres are probably run flats, so you could drive on them to a garage.
  • pepper33
    Options
    Car has just turned 10, so I doubt it would have run flats..thanks anyway. I have a pump gadget that will pump it up.
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 February 2015 at 9:20PM
    Options
    pepper33 wrote: »
    I am insured with Hughes ni for my car. I thought that green flag was the breakdown service they include with the insurance. Apparently they are not with Hughes insurance any longer. Any idea who Hughes Insurance use now? Or any ideas for help service.

Did you not get the details with your renewal?

upload--1425068306-U4.jpg
    Dave
  • pepper33
    Options
    No, I only received my renewal quote last week. Insurance runs out on 5/3. Did you get details on who it was that does the breakdown service?
  • snowmen
    snowmen Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    Has happened to me.
    Seems to be very common these days that newer cars and 7-seaters don't have a spare wheel to create more boot space.

Used the breakdown company associated with my insurance broker (use Abbey Insurance) and they towed me to a garage of my choice. Then I just got a new tyre (or puncture replaced in your case) and drove home.
    Don't think it was green flag but if you took the breakdown cover with your renewal as you say you will be covered - best just to ring the broker to find out the number you should ring.

Abbey Insurance brokers send out a card with the policy number and phone numbers to ring when you renew.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure