🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

compressed hours

Options
2»

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mattie2 wrote: »
    I am in conversation with a friend who also works full time (37 hours) in a University (but not mine). After asking to go to compressed hours over 4 days she has been informed they can compress hours but will lose 6 days per year as annual leav

Makes sense to me.

On a normal 37hrs/5day week, you get 30 days holiday (for example). That entitles you to take 6 weeks holiday (6 weeks each of 5 days long).

On a compressed 37/hrs/4day week, you get 24 days holiday. That still entitles you to take 6 weeks holiday (6 weeks each of 4 days long).
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family