Parking in Glasgow?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
4 replies 2.8K views
torbrextorbrex
71.3K Posts
10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
I am having a day out in Glasgow on Saturday, is there anyplace easy to get to close to Glasgow Central, I don't know the area at all and I'll be relying on my satnav and coming in on the M8.

Replies

• p4girlp4girl Forumite
    141 Posts
    Hi,

I generally use the NCP on Oswald Street. Just off Broomielaw, no problem coming off M8 to get to it, and from level 5 you have access INTO Central Station. I don't think any parking is particularly cheap in the centre, but you can't get closer to the city centre than this - other than heading for an underground station and getting the 'clockwork orange' into the city centre!
  • torbrextorbrex
    71.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    :T
    Thanks, that was the one I was aiming for but it's good to know I chose the right one.
    You are right about prices, it looks like being about £14 for the whole day.
  • deedee71deedee71 Forumite
    917 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's too late for the OP but there are a couple of places you can park for free.

Firstly Springfield Quay is free parking and is about 10-15 minutes walk to Glasgow Central.

Alternatively, after 12 on a Saturday you can park for free at the very top of Sauchiehall Street at Charing Cross (near Mr Singh's if that helps), it's also free parking on a Sunday so you can leave it overnight if ever staying over.
  • Big_GraemeBig_Graeme Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Ooofff £3 an hour? The car parks at Buchanan Galleries, Jamaica Street and St Enoch Centre are half the cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Autumn Budget 2021:

Cuts to alcohol & air passenger duties

MSE News

Free Wills Month

For those aged 55+

MSE Guides