Cakes Cheshire

Options
Hi All

Getting married in June 15 and need a wedding cake! I know I can obviously google but I want recommendations so that I know the pictures on their website are real! Not just copied from someone elses site!

Can anyone tell me who they would recommend? I live in the Warrington area but as long as it's reasonably local I don't mind.

Thanks

Comments

• pawsies
    pawsies Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've used these guys before and been happy with them :)

http://www.cakechester.co.uk/
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm on the lookout too as friend who was going to do mine can't any more. But i'm an awkward sod and don't want fondant. I've gone for googling and sending emails and I'll go and visit a few over the next week
  • awal85
    awal85 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you pawsies!

And good luck arbrighton. In a bit of a similar position - a family member was making mine but now isn't. Someone came to our house 17 days ago to chat about making our cake - brought samples, really promising. Went away to work out our quote and never bothered sending it! I haven't even chased coz I feel like, well why should I. She's always on facebook so I know she's not dropped dead!!
  • arbrighton
    arbrighton Posts: 2,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Awal- I contacted a few last night and most have emailed back to say come in and discuss your requirements so hopefully one of them will be convincing that they know about royal icing and not cost the earth
  • code-a-holic
    code-a-holic Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a wedding cake decorator, not in Cheshire but my advise if any help!

Please do not write of the lady who hasn't forwarded you a quote. She might have thought it was sent and waiting on your reply and in the meantime she could book out your date.
    I am talking to around 20 brides a week and thinking about 80 weddings that happen over 8 months so the odd email can sometimes get delayed and I hope no one would write me off based on that! IM&s sure a customer would be pleased that the cake making came first over paperwork and the same attention will go in to their own cake when the time comes!

As you don't like fondant, buttercream cakes and naked cakes are the hot trends for 2015/2016 so you will have loads of options! Have fun cake planning!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I can recommend this lady - her cakes are gorgeous and she's based in Warrington: https://www.facebook.com/llinley1?fref=ts#!/LinleysCakesAndBakes?pnref=about.overview
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills