• moneysaver890moneysaver890 Forumite
    190 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Nooooooo :wall:
  • lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have had a quick look and they seems to be the same items as on the ones we are doing now! Does that mean they are now sharing them over even more sites therefore reducing the odds even more??
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have had a quick look and they seems to be the same items as on the ones we are doing now! Does that mean they are now sharing them over even more sites therefore reducing the odds even more??

Assuming available prizes remain the same and only the number of entry routes increases.
    If everyone enters daily on every site the chances of winning will not change but it will take more time to do.
    If some people do the extra entries and some don't it will become harder for those who don't.

One site rebranded ( magic1152 ) so the number of sites only increased by 23 and not 24.
  • lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Assuming available prizes remain the same and only the number of entry routes increases.
    If everyone enters daily on every site the chances of winning will not change but it will take more time to do.
    If some people do the extra entries and some don't it will become harder for those who don't.

One site rebranded ( magic1152 ) so the number of sites only increased by 23 and not 24.

Yes you are right that sums it up well. Thanks.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • lynwestielynwestie Forumite
    491 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Almost lost the will to live with them all last night. I've been trying to stick with them since Christmas and give myself 6 months but seriously wondering if they are worth the time it takes to do them all.
  • BluluBlulu Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Up to recently I was doing them on an all or nothing basis. Mostly I wouldn't have time to do them, so didn't. But sometimes I would do them on a Saturday and/or Sunday, when there are less of the other comps posted.

Then I realised it doesn't have to be all or nothing. So now I do what I have time to do going though the list. Wherever I finish on one day is where I start from next time. For me, that works better. Hope that makes sense.

Blu X
  • NewnanNewnan Forumite
    418 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    lynwestie wrote: »
    I've been trying to stick with them since Christmas and give myself 6 months but seriously wondering if they are worth the time it takes to do them all.

Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same, and decided I'd give it a go for a few months. I decided I would only do the "easy" ones that didn't require a CAPTCHA.
    Well, I had an email to say I'd won a Venus2 phone on Tuesday, I replied Wednesday night, and it arrived this morning (how's that for efficiency!), so I would definitely advise to stick with it for a while.
  • lynwestielynwestie Forumite
    491 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Thats given me the will to go on Newnan, thanks

I did the same with the daily mags.. Started after Christmas when it seemed quiet after the stress of all those advents. It took me 6 months at them before I had a win but since July I've had at least 1 each month...

I do get that Blulu. I had no choice but to do that last night because the clock hit midnight before I had finished. Started where I finished this morning but I have to play little games and separate them into batches like I do with my ironing :)
  • manseymansey Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more the merrier, thanks mjm :T
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • I've been doing them ALL, every day since before christmas. Even the days when the captchas are ridiculously stupid and I begin to lose the will lol I only enter the ones I really want to win but thats still a lot of comps!

Fingers crossed for a win soon :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides