In the Lowest Hour

Options

Comments

• moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Hello All,

Ok I had a fall this weekend ( makes me sound 80 :) lol ) so very black eye and bruised but all ok in the end - Just look like I have a thing for purple eyeshadow or goth make up :)

I will have this weekend plus today and tonight (If I don't end up being caught up in the voice) listing 50 -60 items on ebay - Im not sure how much this will net me - not a lot as its the final lots for sale.

So 40 currently listed and aiming for 60 if it doesn't get to late - it takes ages though but I will be pleased of the pennies when they come in.

Changed sign tonight to reflect savings goal.

xxx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • This_England
    Options
    Hello Money on my mind

The feeling of insecurity is the worst part of all this.

When I was single, I got myself out of credit card debt by initially cutting up the cards. I then created a form that I filled in each night with what I had spent. The form was on the bedside table. 60p on a twix bar, it was written down. Everything. This turned the tables for me. I would fill in a budget vs actual listing every weekend to make sure I knew I was on track. It turned the tables because I knew how much money I had before the bank did.One pound underspent in one category meant that pound could be deployed for debt relief or an upcoming bill. Eventually, instead of being out of control and at the mercy of others, you are very much in control and calling the shots. It takes a while to get there, but with tenacity, you can get there. No problem

Hope this helps,
    TE.
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Hello Money on my mind

The feeling of insecurity is the worst part of all this.

When I was single, I got myself out of credit card debt by initially cutting up the cards. I then created a form that I filled in each night with what I had spent. The form was on the bedside table. 60p on a twix bar, it was written down. Everything. This turned the tables for me. I would fill in a budget vs actual listing every weekend to make sure I knew I was on track. It turned the tables because I knew how much money I had before the bank did.One pound underspent in one category meant that pound could be deployed for debt relief or an upcoming bill. Eventually, instead of being out of control and at the mercy of others, you are very much in control and calling the shots. It takes a while to get there, but with tenacity, you can get there. No problem

Hope this helps,
    TE.

Hi TE :j

I am terrible at tracking my money :rotfl:so that would be a good start :D
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Wow Sam you put us all to shame with the ebaying. I have had my first bad experience and it has put me off a bit. I only have a few small items left so I'm thinking of adding them on Shp0ck. Have you had any dealings with them?

The amount of money you make extra is incredible, well done.

Take care.

Tink xx

Hi Tinks - I know don't let it get you down there are some real rotters out there. No never done Shpock but seen it on TV :D

Well done you too on all your money making - even if its a few pence we have made its a few we didn't have before :T

xx Sam
    🌟
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Good luck with the eBay sales hope you make lots of pennies xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hope you are ok!!xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    I have worked out that I should stand to gain £150 - £200 ( Praying ) from 3bay this month asI have at least 46 items listed - i'm too tired to list more but will keep adding a few each day ( maybe). Already have £100 in sales so fingers and toes crossed . Although any money made will go to the dentist this month..lol
    🌟
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Now aiming for 220 on the 3bay sales so 20 for fees and around 200 profit .
    Will update with how I get on by the weekend.
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello gorgeous,

Wow on the eBaying! I think I need to do the few items a day as it feels so daunting having that amount of items ready to end at the same time.

Your savings are looking great.

MTxx
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello gorgeous,

Wow on the eBaying! I think I need to do the few items a day as it feels so daunting having that amount of items ready to end at the same time.

Your savings are looking great.

MTxx

I am fighting hard to keep the savings :D Aiming for £250 on 3bay then that's it I'm giving up - I forgot about the packing / wrapping bit :o PITA

Nothing much to report except I have a lot of house work to do:rotfl:.
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport