MSE News: Tesco to launch Clubcard 'flash sale' – should you hold on to your points?

Options

Comments

• REEN
    REEN Posts: 547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Careful, I tried to use my giftcard, got right through without seeing where to enter the card number so ended up paying full price! I checked through the process again, still couldn't see anywhere to use it before the page that takes your money. :mad: I will order over the phone next time!
  • auntyS
    auntyS Posts: 255 Forumite
    Options
    On my latest Clubcard voucher mailing it shows how many of each Boost Flash Sale items will be available, but no details of price.

Odeon 40,000 tickets (currently 1946 child tickets left)
    Cineworld 70,000 tickets (currently 4145 child tickets left)
    Ticketmaster 7,000 codes (sold out)
    iTunes 15,000 codes (although Tesco clubcard site showing only 221 items left at current price) On sale 18/2
    Pizza Express 30,000 meals for two On sale 23/2
    Spafinder 5,000 codes On sale 26/2
    National Railcards 10,000 railcards On sale 3/3
  • Fojo
    Fojo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    my wonderful daughter managed to get me 3 codes for ticket master while I was at work (thank you school holidays!!) fab deal, have already spent 1 and a bit vouchers on 2 tickets to see Paul Heaton & Jackie Abbott so well chuffed. I rarely shop at Tesco as have loads of other shops to drive past to get there, however Everything we spend over about £5 goes on our Tesco credit card. Over the years we have had a week at butlins in school summer hols and 5 days in a flat near disneylandparis at easter (they were both before they were devalued and you always got 4 x value), bought an ipad, had speedboat trip on the Thames and lots of days at theme parks so very pleased!!
  • pineapple123
    Options
    Fojo I also got some great deals with Tesco clubcard before devalued. We got a 10 day break for 4 with virgin to Orlando staying at Disney Animal Kingdom. I did have to put £400 towards the holiday because I didnt have quite enough vouchers but wow what a fab holiday just for shopping and £400. That said I dont really shop at Tescos anymore as I didnt like there price changes, instant 50p increase on items (not on offers/deal) within a week and variable prices for same item at different local Tesco stores. I felt we were being taken for a ride.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Reen wrote: »
    Careful, I tried to use my giftcard, got right through without seeing where to enter the card number so ended up paying full price! I checked through the process again, still couldn't see anywhere to use it before the page that takes your money. :mad: I will order over the phone next time!

Easy, you can't use a 'giftcard' only CC Vouchers! It will know the vouchers linked to that on-line account for you to select, or you can manually put in the vouchers codes - if for example two CC accounts have been 'merged' whereby you won't see both sets of vouchers on line.

Giftcards, can be bought with cash, vouchers are derived from points earned from continuous spending.

HTHs
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • apga
    apga Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    iTunes vouchers now live - £5 for £25 voucher - max 2 per person
  • Newtonlot
    Options
    Todays is good.
    £25 of iTunes vouchers for £5 worth of points.
    Newtonlot on an MSE mission
  • davelewis
    Options
    Amazing iTunes deal - ordered straight away!
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 February 2015 at 1:26PM
    Options
    I noticed that the current "full price" (£17) iTunes vouchers reduced from 39 available to 29 available in the last half hour - do people really not realise they were going to be on offer soon?! ((((EDIT (12:15pm): it's now gone down to 24 even though a note has now been added to say you can get them in the flash sale!))))

MSE info completely wrong! Not reduced to £10 and not a max of 3 codes each!

"You get a £25 iTunes voucher code (valid for six months) in exchange for £10-worth of Clubcard points (normally it's £17). There will be 15,000 codes available, and we expect they'll go fast - there's a max of three codes per customer."

......from here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/reclaim-tesco-vouchers

EDIT: ^^^^^^ MSE have corrected this now (I wonder why it was wrong? Bad guess or wrong info supplied to them?)
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    Just ordered, btw its £5 in points not £10. I ordered 2 x £25 vouchers for £10 total.
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport