We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Nationwide Mortgage Help
iamssl
Posts: 12 Forumite
Hiya
I'm just looking for some advice, I know I should ask Nationwide but cant get into the bank for an appointment until next Tuesday...
We have sold our home and will be moving to a different property but will need to borrow more. We are still in our fixed rate so are looking to port our mortgage. On Nationwide's online calculators you select the option of either borrowing more or moving home, which one would I be classed as?
When trying to use the online calculators should I put the new amount of the mortgage I require in moving home, or just the extra amount I require under borrowing more?
Sorry if I confuse anyone! Thanks in advance.
I'm just looking for some advice, I know I should ask Nationwide but cant get into the bank for an appointment until next Tuesday...
We have sold our home and will be moving to a different property but will need to borrow more. We are still in our fixed rate so are looking to port our mortgage. On Nationwide's online calculators you select the option of either borrowing more or moving home, which one would I be classed as?
When trying to use the online calculators should I put the new amount of the mortgage I require in moving home, or just the extra amount I require under borrowing more?
Sorry if I confuse anyone! Thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
Moving home.
It's a whole new mortgage for the full amount. You then port the rate from the old mortgage to the new one, based on the amount repaid at completion.
Any increased borrowing is offered on a product from the current range based on the new loan to value.I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.0 -
Wait for your appointment and don't waste time on the online calculators which are more likely to confuse than anything else.I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

