We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Likelyhood of going to offer?

Evening, I have instructed a MB and he has recommended Halifax based on my previous adverse credit however I am very anxiously waiting to hear if it has been approved. AIP was given after MB has spoken with underwriter. Survey money was taken yesterday however I am in knots about this. Would anyone have any inclination of the likelyhood of acceptance. My MB appears to think that there is a good chance but because of my past ( settled defaults 4years +) and some missed payments (2years +) I'm very worried. Can anyone put my mind at rest?

Comments

  • DpchMd
    DpchMd Posts: 540 Forumite
    Generally if the survey money has been taken then underwriting has been approved.
    "Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship." - Benjamin Franklin
  • Even with Halifax?
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Don't get too excited.

    The first thing they do is take the valuation money.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • justcat
    justcat Posts: 271 Forumite
    What amnblog said.

    I submitted the full app on Friday and the money was taken for the valuation on the same day. The valuation was actually done on Monday.

    I'm waiting now and don't expect to hear for a while. I suspect it will be the beginning of next week.

    I know it's easy to say but just try not to worry about it. The way I see it - we've submitted the app, nothing can change now so we'll either get it approved or we won't. Worrying about it won't make a difference!

    Anyway - I hope you get what you need. I'm sure your broker will help if you don't.

    :)
  • Thank you for your kind words justcat. You are very right! Good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.