We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Shared Ownership Sale Help!
MoneySaving123
Posts: 2 Newbie
Currently looking to sell my shared ownership property - I have been made to believe since I bought my 30% share that if I ever wanted to sell, I would let the housing association know and they would tell me whether they want to buy my share back. Back in November, I told the housing association that I wanted to sell and they wrote back saying that they would be willing to buy my share. However, what they failed to tell me is that they will buy my share at significantly lower than the market value. It has been valued higher than what I paid for it, yet they will not offer the full market value for my share and instead have offered me significantly below the market value price, meaning that for my share, I would lose almost £8000! They have always led me to believe from the start that they would buy the property back at market value not a random figure that they pluck out of thin air.
My solicitor has read the lease and they interpreted it to mean that they have to offer market value upon the sale of my share, so I'm at a loss really to know where to go from here.
I can either accept their paltry offer and lose £8,000 which I am very reluctant to do considering its gone up in value, or put it on the open market and see if I can sell it which I very much doubt as they are building new shared ownership houses just down the road!
Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
My solicitor has read the lease and they interpreted it to mean that they have to offer market value upon the sale of my share, so I'm at a loss really to know where to go from here.
I can either accept their paltry offer and lose £8,000 which I am very reluctant to do considering its gone up in value, or put it on the open market and see if I can sell it which I very much doubt as they are building new shared ownership houses just down the road!
Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards