We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
DIP Accepted with Nationwide - Questions
MrDebtWarrior
Posts: 132 Forumite
Hi Everyone, myself and my GF were both delighted (and shocked) that both Halifax and NW came back with pass marks, we now have a DIP with NW.
My Financial Advisor has said that NW are usually good in that they don't reverse their decisions unless they have good reason, so not including any unforeseen circumstances, we should be OK when we submit the full application.
Have you heard/experienced similar?
Are NW quite quick with their applications?
I read on another thread about being in overdraft affecting the application? Is this the case? I'm a big user of my overdraft and now I'm worried!
My Financial Advisor has said that NW are usually good in that they don't reverse their decisions unless they have good reason, so not including any unforeseen circumstances, we should be OK when we submit the full application.
Have you heard/experienced similar?
Are NW quite quick with their applications?
I read on another thread about being in overdraft affecting the application? Is this the case? I'm a big user of my overdraft and now I'm worried!
Debt-Free Jan 2021 - My DFD post - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78007784#Comment_78007784
Keep going, you will get there!
0
Comments
-
mortgageFTB wrote: »To give you a timeline with NW for us:
DIP Friday 30th Jan
Full Application Saturday 31st Jan
Documents reviewed and validated Monday 2nd Feb
Valuation Booked for Wednesday 4th.
Customer care manager says she'll be calling me on Weds/Thurs with outcome.
I'm seriously impressed so far
(This was with a "Accept" status on Dip)
That's good to hear, thanks!
Just hope my overdraft use doesn't impact us!Debt-Free Jan 2021 - My DFD post - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78007784#Comment_78007784Keep going, you will get there!0 -
Hello - I'm also a first time buyer and have been really impressed with Nationwide. My timeline is very similar to Mortgage FTB's
DIP - Wednesday 28th Jan
Full Application - Thursday 30th Jan
Documents reviewed and validated - Friday 31st Jan
Valuation Booked - 7th Feb
Just awaiting results from Valuation I guess :-)0 -
Nationwide
DIP. - 1st feb
Full application. -2cnd feb
Valuation takes place. -3rd feb
Documents reviewed. -4th feb
Now jus waiting on the valuation to reach nationwide0 -
That's good to hear, thanks!
Just hope my overdraft use doesn't impact us!
I can't give you a time frame on how fast things progressed really as we had multiple issues on our case. But if you're worried about this then you need not. I had a year old discharged Debt Relief Order and a couple defaults still on my file when our DIP was accepted and we were successful in obtaining a mortgage with Nationwide.0 -
Just catching up, thanks for everyone replies.
Had our next meeting with our Mortgage Advisor today,
Just waiting on one missing payslip and we are good to go.
In terms of my overdraft question, my advisor has no concerns which is great.Debt-Free Jan 2021 - My DFD post - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78007784#Comment_78007784Keep going, you will get there!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards