We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Time to sack the broker?
jtr2803
Posts: 3,232 Forumite
Previously had an offer issued via this broker but we had to pull out just before xmas. Started the process again earlier this month and sent the up to date payslips, statements etc over 2 weeks ago. Nothing has happened since and I made it clear at the start we were hoping to exchange mid march. My application has not been made and I have confirmed this with the lender direct. I made a complaint to the owner at 2pm who said he would call me back in 5 minutes......nothing! I think something is going on behind the scenes with this firm based on some odd comments they have made over the past week about being checked up on.....
I've just had to admit to the EA that there was an issue with the broker and the last thing I want is for the vendor to think I am messing around as they took a reasonable offer and agreed to leave certain items as we were chain free. The lender is Virgin and we comfortably earn enough to borrow what we are looking at, I don't really feel I have a need to continue to work with the broker and don't recall signing anything to that effect. I feel more stressed about not knowing what is going on than if I did it myself!
Any reason I shouldn't go it alone?
I've just had to admit to the EA that there was an issue with the broker and the last thing I want is for the vendor to think I am messing around as they took a reasonable offer and agreed to leave certain items as we were chain free. The lender is Virgin and we comfortably earn enough to borrow what we are looking at, I don't really feel I have a need to continue to work with the broker and don't recall signing anything to that effect. I feel more stressed about not knowing what is going on than if I did it myself!
Any reason I shouldn't go it alone?
Very happily married on 10th April 2013
Spero Meliora
Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
0
Comments
-
If they have done nothing in 2 weeks and not come back to you when they said they would following a complaint I think you would be wise to go it alone or find a new broker.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
-
Thanks ACG, I am not the sort of person who would normally make a complaint and know that sometimes delays happen but something feels fundamentally not right here.
So frustrated! :mad:
Very happily married on 10th April 2013
Spero Meliora
Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
0 -
If it looks like a kipper and smells like a kipper - it's a kipperI am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
