We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Single mum - Remortgage - advice
rdbaxter
Posts: 153 Forumite
Hi
Just looking for ideas/advice if possible.
I am a single mum looking for a mortgage I currently have a buy to let mortgage but due to a relationship breakdown I am now back at the property.
I have it on an interest only mortgage and I would like to get it to a ' normal repayment' Current provider say they can't help as they are not doing new mortgages.
I problem is I need a lender to take in to account tax credits and child maintenance in order to borrow enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Just looking for ideas/advice if possible.
I am a single mum looking for a mortgage I currently have a buy to let mortgage but due to a relationship breakdown I am now back at the property.
I have it on an interest only mortgage and I would like to get it to a ' normal repayment' Current provider say they can't help as they are not doing new mortgages.
I problem is I need a lender to take in to account tax credits and child maintenance in order to borrow enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Then you should speak to a mortgage brokerI am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Amnblog, thanks. Do lenders take this income in to account ?0
-
That would depend on how it is paid and how it can be evidenced.
A mortgage broker will work through these things with you and place the case with a lender based on how you answer the relevant questions.I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

