We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Will virgin money insist on a CTL from Halifax?
Mrs_Andy
Posts: 6 Forumite
Hi there,
We are currently in underwriting stages of a mortgage with virgin money.
Virgin money came back to our broker to ask for a few things on Friday- (1) an old address of my husbands showed up on experian. We hadn't declared it as he hasn't lived there in over 6 years. Nothing adverse about it but will they think we were dying to hide something?
(2) we have a property rented out and have provided the tenancy agreement and clear evidence of rent going into our bank since last March. Will they insist on a CTL from Halifax? It wasn't on their list of things to clarify on Friday and they said we should have a decision tomorrow.
Any help gratefully received :-):eek:
We are currently in underwriting stages of a mortgage with virgin money.
Virgin money came back to our broker to ask for a few things on Friday- (1) an old address of my husbands showed up on experian. We hadn't declared it as he hasn't lived there in over 6 years. Nothing adverse about it but will they think we were dying to hide something?
(2) we have a property rented out and have provided the tenancy agreement and clear evidence of rent going into our bank since last March. Will they insist on a CTL from Halifax? It wasn't on their list of things to clarify on Friday and they said we should have a decision tomorrow.
Any help gratefully received :-):eek:
0
Comments
-
I think they only need to see a copy of the AST from memory.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
-
Thank you :-).
Will they look unfavourably at not declaring this (frankly ancient) address?:cool:0 -
I would expect Virgin Money to ask for a copy of consent to let. If I were working with you I would have requested that before the application went in.
Also, they always ask about addresses they see on the file.I am a Mortgage Broker
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
I wouldnt have thought so.
They have a concern, theyre just checking there is nothing untoward. If you have nothing to hide then there should be nothing to worry about.I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0 -
Thanks ACG. No , nothing to hide thankfully.
We didn't declare it as my husband has been working in Iraq since 2007 and hasn't lived there since.
He did pay off the mortgage for his ex wife as part of divorce settlement in 2010 so I guess this is why it has shown up as a more current address on experian.
Thanks for your time :-)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
