We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
What to do?
Lagret
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello,
After waiting nearly 10years we have finally sold our house (subject to contract) for a small profit to move up the property ladder.
Our plan is for hubby to leave his permenant job and start contracting as an ltd company again to raise more money as prices around here are just too high however, a house has just popped up on the market which looks ideal for our family but needs total refurbishment. As things stand now if he were to stay with his current job he would earn enough for the mortgage with 15% deposit from the sale of our house but this would leave us with not a lot left to do it up. If mortgage was approved and then he was to leave his job almost immediately and work as a contractor would that be allowed?
He has a contract role being offered to him starting in 4 weeks.
Maybe we should just stick to plan A
After waiting nearly 10years we have finally sold our house (subject to contract) for a small profit to move up the property ladder.
Our plan is for hubby to leave his permenant job and start contracting as an ltd company again to raise more money as prices around here are just too high however, a house has just popped up on the market which looks ideal for our family but needs total refurbishment. As things stand now if he were to stay with his current job he would earn enough for the mortgage with 15% deposit from the sale of our house but this would leave us with not a lot left to do it up. If mortgage was approved and then he was to leave his job almost immediately and work as a contractor would that be allowed?
He has a contract role being offered to him starting in 4 weeks.
Maybe we should just stick to plan A
0
Comments
-
No significant change like that should take place until after completion.
Until then, you have a duty to disclose such changes to the lender.I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
