mortgage help

Hi All new to MSE website i am looking for advice on mortgages upto 15 months ago we had a poor credit record but lending seem more on past the future earnings both have credsits scores over 980 no debt no children at home and joint income of £45k and the best we can get is £118k anyone can advise on how to get a better amount or any advice much welome

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Is that £118k based on affordability (ie short mortgage term, outgoings v income etc) or based on credit score, 65% of a particular purchase price you gave the lender as an example?

Where have you been so far?

Do you have all three versions of your credit file?

Ignore the daft Experian numbers, they are meaningless and stop paying for them if you are...

Please clarify what you mean by;-

"lending seem more on past the future earnings"

as mortgage lenders base their lending on what you have demonstrated what you have earned in the recent past, not what you THINK you might earn in future.

Are you self-employed in some way, or have variable earnings you need taking into account such as commission, overtime or bonus?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure