Endowment claim - where to go now.

I recently wrote to my endowment provider, Norwich Union, to register my mis-selling claim. NU said it was nothing to do with them as I bought through an IFA and they forwarded my letter to New Homes Mortgage Services, Cannock. After 4 months I have not heard anything from New Homes so spurred on by this site I am on the trail again.

I found them on the FSA Register, but the phone number was unobtainable. I rang the FSA helpline and they gave me an old number for them but it wasn't New Homes. Can't find them on the Companies House website (there is a New Homes Mortgage Services in Tamworth but they are dormant) and nothing on BT directory enquiries. I bought the dreaded policy in 1996 so FSCS is not a solution.

Anyone got any bright ideas where I can go from here?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    The firm is still trading according to the FSA register so the FSCS doesnt apply. They do belong to a network so your complaint should go to:

The Disputes Team, Sesame Limited, Independence House, Holly Bank Road, Huddersfield HD3 3HN
    01484 422224.

However, its an NU endowment and these arent too bad. Indeed, many NU claims, even when upheld, are resulting in little or no redress as they are not far off where they need to be. The projections dont include terminal bonus accrued to date or the mortgage promise value so always understate the likely outcome.

Also, NU have been pretty good at using the time bar. You only have three years from being notified of there being a high risk of not hitting target. I would have expected a 1996 policy to have warnings like that in 2003.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks. Will send off a letter and see what happens.
  • Hi there
    I have a number for New Homes Mortgage Services in Cannock....they are diffiicult to find but I was given a brochure for them just recently by Persimmon Homes.
    01543 464141
    Sometimes you do get a person, but mostly it is an answer phone and they call back.....
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    As the company is a network member, you can bypass the firm and go straight to network. Its one of the advantages of using networked advisers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure