We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Buying additional years
Comments
-
Those rates are available until 2019 so no urgency. I expect that prices will increase post 2016. We are looking at buying 8 years for MrsM for around £5.5K which will be repaid at around £35 per week tax free so an absolute bargain as long as she doesn't fall under a bus.
I'm also looking at buying 7 years (for £4.7k) - the 'invoice' from HMRC states that these prices will be held until 06/04/19 but I've been wondering whether I should pay before April 2016?
I've got the money to pay, but would obviously prefer to leave it invested until 2019 if they're not going to move the goalposts!0 -
I doubt they will move the goalposts on this one, those dates are set as part of the transitional arrangements from old to new pension - if they do decide to change there will be a notice period.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

