Scrummy Chocolate Bargain!

Options
johnnyleeds
johnnyleeds Posts: 43 Forumite
edited 27 January 2015 at 2:18AM in Shop but don't drop
Hi folks!

I'm always on the lookout for bargain sweeties and one of my current favorites is a line of chocolate bars available in many local convenience stores.

The chocolate comes in a a pretty nondescript red and white wrapper and is sold under the 'EuroShopper' brand which I believe is from the Booker chain of cash and carry.

So far I have seen a range of five, 100 gram chocolate bars which retail at the very reasonable price of only £0.50 each - which is close to supermarket 'saver' range prices. This is amazing considering the shops which are selling these bars generally sell a standard size Mars bar for as much as £0.75...!

Anyway the chocolate bars in question are absolutely delicious to eat. My personal favorite is the White Chocolate variety which contains 24% cocoa solids and 22% milk solids. This makes for a very delicious and melt in the mouth chocolate which is scrumptious on its own, or grated as a topping onto ice cream / yoghurt, or used to make all kinds of baked goods - biscuits / cakes as well as chocolate sauces etc.

The other varieties include a milk chocolate, plain (or dark) chocolate, hazelnut chocolate and a fruit and nut chocolate. All retail at £0.50 each and I believe they are well worth it. The cocoa content is higher than the ubiquitous Dairy Milk abomination that many people are suckered into paying 3x the price for.

So give this tasty treat a try and let me know what you think, I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Johnny

Comments

• bluelass
    bluelass Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    At that price its probably compound chocolate ewww.
    Britain is great but Manchester is greater
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport