Lake district wedding discounts

Hi,
we are planning our wedding and have looked at a number of venues in the Lake District, some more competitive than others... Has anyone successfully negotiated discounts at any of the following venues:
Broadoaks Hotel
Daffodil Hotel and Spa
Langdale Chase
Lodore Falls
Inn on the Lake
??
Any thoughts on this topic would be greatly appreciated as we are pushing the limits of our budget with little room for manoeuvre!

Comments

• Whoop
    Whoop Posts: 59 Forumite
    We are off to the lakes this weekend to look at venues so would be interested in any replies.

My friends got married at Broadoaks and it was beautiful but over half the wedding party came down with food poisoning! I know it happens but it ruined their honeymoon and the hotel took no responsibility for it. I would consider getting married there if it wasn't for that!

When are you looking to get married?
  • stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Erm... I can suggest something but I don't know if you would class it as cheap (well, it is to us but then we have people travelling from both ends of the UK).

http://www.therowleyestates.com/halls/blencowe-hall/

We have booked this for our wedding in April 2018 (I am a bit of a planner). You book it for three nights (we are doing Friday - Monday), it is self catering but the manageress has a catering business.
    For 18 of us staying three nights, it works out at £3000. You have full use of the whole building.

The manageress is amazing and she is not even bumping up her price cause it's a wedding.
    We are having two different roasts and it is £30 a head. That is for two starters, two mains and two puddings. Absolute bargain compared to what other places charge.

Because it is self-catering, you buy your own drink so everyone gets what they want and there is no overcharging for alcohol, etc.

Don't know if this will help any of you out as I know £3000 isn't cheap... but the building is beautiful and well presented. (I have been to see it and they let me take heaps of pictures and wander round to our hearts content after the tour).
    Just thought I would offer this up as a suggestion.
    :)
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business