Student finance

I did my nursing training in Africa(diploma),so I wanted to top up my diploma to a degree,so I applied to university and got accepted but I was told that my Diploma is not equivalent to the Diploma over here.i was told I have to start at level 5 so that I can make my credits up in order to move to level 6(degree level).that is what I am doing now full time.I applied for tuition loan and maintenance grant which I got accepted.i received a letter from student finance telling me how much tuition loan and maintenance grant I am going to receive and when I am going to receive them.that was the last letter I received from student loan(October 2014).the beginning of this year(2015),I applied for a student loan and the respond I got was,"as you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you already have,you are not eligible for some aspect of student finance".the following day I received a letter saying,"your grant entitlement has been reassessed,which resulted in being overpaid and you have to repay it".they are saying that what I am studying is equivalent to or lower that than the qualification that I have got,but that's not the case.If what I have got is equivalent to what I am studying then I would have started straight into level 6, which is not the case. The other take is,surely that is not my fault that they paid me maintanence grant that they say I am not entittle to.i would really appreciate any advice please.Is there any chance of me fighting this.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport