🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Everyone Loves Inacurate Transactions Everyday, (as long as they are in our favour)

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 February 2015 at 6:00PM
    Options
    The "emergency" situation (that is non-emergency since I've been able to plan for it for one or two days) seems to have got better, so that it looks like it won't take up most of tomorrow. It may even have been resolved already but may need just a quick check. So, there I am - I shouldn't even have let the public-facing area of Savvy Industries know at all, and you'd all have been none the wiser!

I'm just having some of my Morries Lettuce. I think I would have used all of it had it been one from A, given how small they look like in my stores. This one from M though, I can probably get two more meals out of it:money:(:rotfl:). It would not have normally been MSE though as having buy items of £15 but, with the Fox's biscuits, it worked well. We've had these sorts of things before - I remember the large (more expensive) Angel Cake in A comparing to same price as the T Angel Cake several years ago. The T Angel Cake was much smaller, and it didn't make sense to buy the same size Angel Cake in A and compare against the same price. The big ones were very good - they picked up the same price!:D Sadly A don't stock any big Angel Cakes anymore and I should probably get more whoopsies.

I remember the big Loaf Cakes in T at £2 comparing to the small 50p Loaf Cakes price in A. Not sure if that has come back recently - I think T eventually cottoned on (they read this thread:(...) and the Choc Loaf Cake went N/A. Before then, ages ago, when you used to be able to buy decent standard size apples bags (rather than huge 1.5-2kg ones at expensive price:eek:), I had some 1Kg Golden Delicious packs in T. They were comparing against the straight £1 price on the 750g ones in A so made it a big more decent. Presumably that ended ages ago: I need not get myself onto the subject of low-weight apples packs in A!(:mad::rotfl: Says it all - that "mad" picture says a thousand words...;))

So. I'm happy with a longer-lasting Lettuce:T! At least I seem to be buying in the right supermarkets.:D (I also like the Round Lettuce, as there isn't one in T and Mr S doesn't compare own brands, so that it is an exclusively Mvs A for comparison:j:rotfl::rotfl:. It's those nice obscurities, obscure information - a bit like buses that only run once a month on one specific day:laugh::rotfl:.)
  • savingbabs
    savingbabs Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    Options
    EMMAP wrote: »
    Alright elite!

I've just caught up. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's stories and opinions on the article. Nice to post something that gets people talking and reminds them of old times :)

I hope none of you are offended when I say some of it reminded me of Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen sketch!

http://youtu.be/Xe1a1wHxTyo

love it :rotfl:
    SPC 2015: #319 £10.65 / £500 Bulgaria tin
  • llan
    llan Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    redfraggle wrote: »
    1) you can get vouchers on the temporary card (I'm still on the temp card and have been getting vouchers) but only after you've registered it - online is quickest
    https://www.morrisons.com/matchandmore/register.html
    You enter the long number on the card and the activation code on the card; the proper card will have exactly the same number, so all intents and purposes once registered the temporary card works the same as a proper card. I registered mine before I used it, so once you've registered yours best check that the points appear - if not, take the card and receipt to CS and ask them to add the points manually.

Back to M's today, points and vouchers showing online but still no vouchers coming out :( Asked at CS and they rank HO who said I wont get any until the plastic card arrives.

Can I ask whether anyone had any delay between registering their temporary card, and the vouchers coming out? Am hoping it's perhaps a weekend thing

TIA

I only have a temporary card but have been getting vouchers this past week and also got vouchers for todays biscuit shop :)
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Peach Flavour Sparkling Spring ... £0.38 £0.49
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Easy Cook Long Grain White Rice... £2.48 £2.49
    1 x ASDA Smartprice Pork Chops (765g) £2.79 N/A
    1 x ASDA Mixed Peppers (3) £0.99 £0.99
    1 x ASDA Extra Special Vine Ripened Tomatoes (4) £2.00 N/A
    1 x ASDA Hearts of Romaine Lettuce (2) £1.24 £1.25
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Lemon & Lime Flavoured Sparklin... £0.36 £0.49
    1 x ASDA Baby Button Mushrooms (150g) £0.65 £0.65
    1 x ASDA Oranges Extra Juicy (10) £1.37 N/A
    1 x Big & Fresh Eggs (10) £2.00 £2.00
    1.05 x ASDA Smartprice Chicken Legs by Weight per kg £2.35 £2.40
    2 x ASDA Deli Panini Rolls (2) £1.60 £1.60
    1 x Muller Light Fat Free Yogurt - Red Fruit (6x175g) £1.96 £2.00
    1 x HP Original Sauce - Squeezy (425g) £1.70 £1.70
    1 x Scholl Athlete's Foot Powder (75g) £4.50 £4.19
    1 x Cathedral City Lighter Mature Cheddar (350g) £1.97 £2.00
    1 x Cathedral City Mature Cheddar (350g) £1.97 £4.00
    1 x Persil Apple Fizz Washing Up Liquid (500ml) £0.70 £1.00
    1 x Persil Washing Up Liquid Lemon Burst (500ml) £0.70 £1.00
    2 x Harpic Active Fresh Toilet Cleaner Citrus Zest (75... £2.00 £2.24
    1 x Finish All in 1 Powerball Dishwasher Tablets (34) £6.00 £6.00
    2 x Shepherd Neame Spitfire Premium Kentish Ale (4x440... £8.00 N/A
    1 x ASDA Whole Cucumber £0.49 £0.49
    1 x ASDA Pink Lady Apples (4) £2.00 £2.45
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Garden Peas (1Kg) £1.09 £1.00
    1 x ASDA Trimmed Spring Onions (125g) £1.00 £0.89
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Coarse Ardennes Pât! (175g) £0.55 £0.69
    1 x ASDA Brown Onions (1Kg) £0.68 N/A
    1 x ASDA Baby Plum Tomatoes (250g) £1.00 £0.99
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Frozen Mushy Peas (1Kg) £1.00 £1.00
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Breaded Dry Cured Ham Thick Sli... £2.00 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You No Added Sugar Blueberry & Rasp... £0.38 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Raspberry & Cherry Sparkling Fl... £0.38 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Wafer Thin Honey Roast Ham (480... £2.40 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Fresh Linen & Gardenia Aerosol ... £0.90 N/A
    1 x ASDA Smartprice Kitchen Towel (4) £1.38 £1.38
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Thick Bleach Lemon (1L) £0.80 N/A
    4 x South African Winemakers Choice Red (750ml) £15.60 N/A
    1 x ASDA Butcher's Selection Pork Chop (230g) £1.50 N/A
    2 x ASDA Little Angels Sensitive Cotton Soft Baby Wipe... £2.00 N/A
    2 x ASDA Chosen by You Loose Leaf Tea (250g) £2.40 N/A
    1 x ASDA Extra Special Pork Chipolatas (20 per pack - ... £3.70 N/A
    1 x Coca Cola Zero (8x330ml) £2.50 £3.00
    1 x Fanta Orange Zero Added Sugar (8x330ml) £2.50 £4.65
    1 x Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (750ml) £4.60 £2.74
    1 x Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Toothpaste (150ml... £1.98 N/A
    1 x Wolf Blass Yellow Label Sauvignon Blanc (750ml) £6.50 N/A
    1 x Wishbone Sauvignon Blanc (750ml) £6.97 N/A

A v M womble 13.29

multibuys
    cleaning 2 for £2
    mixers 4 for £1.50
    coke 2 for £5
  • i_been_robbed
    Options
    good afternoon
    redfraggle wrote: »
    1) you can get vouchers on the temporary card (I'm still on the temp card and have been getting vouchers) but only after you've registered it - online is quickest
    https://www.morrisons.com/matchandmore/register.html
    You enter the long number on the card and the activation code on the card; the proper card will have exactly the same number, so all intents and purposes once registered the temporary card works the same as a proper card. I registered mine before I used it, so once you've registered yours best check that the points appear - if not, take the card and receipt to CS and ask them to add the points manually.

Back to M's today, points and vouchers showing online but still no vouchers coming out :( Asked at CS and they rank HO who said I wont get any until the plastic card arrives.

Can I ask whether anyone had any delay between registering their temporary card, and the vouchers coming out? Am hoping it's perhaps a weekend thing

TIA

had my permanent card a couple of months now
    I've got the same problem, got £30 waiting for my next shop, tried the last 3 days buying small things, but nothing comes out.

and i did have £15 out 4 days ago,
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    My Dad used to say when they were kids they were so poor they used to huddle around a candle for warmth. And when it got really cold they used to light it. :D
    Luxury! :rotfl:
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    :rotfl: We used to dream of a candle..... :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: you lot are mad but wonderfull xxx
  • EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    If anyone has any time before midnight tonight, the homeless charity I was talking about the other week, OTS London (that also helps the doggies) is in the running for a little bit of funding from the Galaxy fund (£300)

They desperately need more votes. You don't have to sign up to the marketing emails or anything. It's run by two people and is really small but they could do such great things with the money. If you'd like to, please vote for them! :) Thank you xxx

http://www.galaxyhotchocolate.com/galaxyfund2014/profiles/off-the-streets
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • savvy_sal
    savvy_sal Posts: 5,015 Forumite
    Options
    2 x ASDA Smoked Cod Fillet (230g) £7.00 £6.32

A v S
    £4 each or 2 for £7

and A v M

1.52 x ASDA Bananas by Weight per kg £1.04 £1.03
    1.14 x ASDA Red Onions by Weight per kg £0.85 £0.85
    0.95 x ASDA Celeriac by Weight per kg £1.23 N/A
    1 x ASDA British Skimmed Milk 4 Pints (2.27L) £0.89 £1.39
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Indian Tonic Water (1L) £0.45 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Soda Water (1L) £0.45 £0.45
    2 x ASDA Celery £1.58 £1.58
    1 x ASDA Ripe Avocados (2) £1.75 £1.75
    1 x ASDA Maris Piper Potatoes (2.5Kg) £1.98 N/A
    1 x ASDA Chosen by You Fruit & Fibre (750g) £1.68 £1.69
    1 x ASDA Baby Spinach (180g) £1.00 N/A
    2 x Imperial Leather Classic Shower 2 in 1 Shower & Sh... £1.74 £2.00
    1 x ASDA Standard Pineapple £0.69 N/A
    1 x ASDA Seedless Red Grapes (500g) £1.50 N/A
    1 x ASDA Organic Carrots (750g) £1.00 N/A
    1 x ASDA Sweet Potatoes (1Kg) £1.15 £0.69
    1 x ASDA Organic Beef Mince (500g) £3.48 N/A
    2 x ASDA Broccoli (335g) £0.98 £0.98
    1 x ASDA Sweet Clementines (600g) £0.87 N/A
    1 x La Maison Elyse Cabernet Sauvignon (750ml) £4.50 N/A
    2 x ASDA Green Beans (225g) £1.70 N/A
    2 x ASDA Smoked Cod Fillet (230g) £7.00 N/A
    1 x The Polish Bakery Rye Bread (400g) £0.85 N/A
    2 x Elmlea Single Cream Substitute (284ml) £1.38 £1.30
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    If anyone has any time before midnight tonight, the homeless charity I was talking about the other week, OTS London (that also helps the doggies) is in the running for a little bit of funding from the Galaxy fund (£300)

They desperately need more votes. You don't have to sign up to the marketing emails or anything. It's run by two people and is really small but they could do such great things with the money. If you'd like to, please vote for them! :) Thank you xxx

http://www.galaxyhotchocolate.com/galaxyfund2014/profiles/off-the-streets

Voted for the doggies :A
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2015 at 6:09PM
    Options
    we had a cooked dinner earlier so tonight I am borrowing the idea of posh cheese toasties posted on here by mumto2monkeys (thanks x) as have some flat breads to use up and the boys said they sound good.. going to use carver ham, cherry tomatoes and brie ( free from the tesco vouchers)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport