Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Does anyone know when service measure pay?
  • Cairoxxx
    Options
    Around middle of the month
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi please don't give me a roasting! I am now just sitting down to start my tax return - could kick myself for not starting in sooner :( it looks like I need to purchase a software in order to do this. What ones are others using?
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    ignore my question!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear All

What company would you recommend to start as a Mystery Shopper?

I'm looking to start small, just looking for a little bit of pocket money whilst home with my little one.

Many Thanks
  • samtastic7
    samtastic7 Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so I'm in the middle of booking house valuations and a company ring me and ask if I want to shop 4 estate agents and have my house valued, for an excellent fee
    I'm half way there

love it when it all falls in place
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    Kittencat wrote: »
    Dear All

What company would you recommend to start as a Mystery Shopper?

I'm looking to start small, just looking for a little bit of pocket money whilst home with my little one.

Many Thanks

Difficult to answer as depends where you are in the country.
    I would suggest you read the information at the beginning of the thread as that will give you an idea of what companies are out there.
    MS ers favour different companies depending on what they want. Just be aware the rates for MSing are very low unless you are doing Audio.
    GAP who do fast food are popular as a starting point.
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • Gillbrah
    Gillbrah Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    What are MSer's experiences with Coyle? I live in London and have signed up, but want to get some reviews before shelling out £200 or so.
  • Cairoxxx
    Options
    Gillbrah wrote: »
    What are MSer's experiences with Coyle? I live in London and have signed up, but want to get some reviews before shelling out £200 or so.

I am following any replies :) Interested in Coyle too, I am based in the Artic climes of Scotland.

I started the sign up a week ago, but I do so wish these companies would warn you in advance when you need to write an essay response to some of the questions. I didn't have enough time so had to give up at that point until I can find a spare hour or so (which is not often).

What is the £200 for as I obviously did not get as far as that?
  • Gillbrah
    Gillbrah Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Cairoxxx wrote: »
    I am following any replies :) Interested in Coyle too, I am based in the Artic climes of Scotland.

I started the sign up a week ago, but I do so wish these companies would warn you in advance when you need to write an essay response to some of the questions. I didn't have enough time so had to give up at that point until I can find a spare hour or so (which is not often).

What is the £200 for as I obviously did not get as far as that?

Well, for example, I wouldn't want to accept one of the jobs that require a meal in Canary Wharf followed by drinks without being confident that I will be reimbursed. They state how much they will reimburse up to, but I have read that if your responses are not good enough then you won't be reimbursed or paid. That's my current worry!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback