Advice or experience of "buy our honeymoon" websites?

Options
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of the sort of sites where guests are able to make a contribution to our honeymoon in lieu of presents?

Have you used any, either as the couple or the guest? Which ones are good/ bad / indifferent?
What should we bear in mind?

Just looking to glean some of the collective MSE knowledge to get the best value for our break-of-a-lifetime. We are looking at interrailing / travelling around Europe for a few weeks if thet helps?

Thanks in advance everyone!
... and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should ...

Comments

• ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've bought a few "honeymoon" gifts for friend's through Prezola. They let you buy breakfast, or a meal, or a bottle of champagne, rather than just giving a donation. You probably just get the money in a lump sum so could spend it how you wish but I think its nice that as a guest you feel you're buying them something rather than just giving the cash.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Ruby_Roo
    Ruby_Roo Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HoneyFund was recommended to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts